Papa John's to become official Pizza of MLB

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:32 AM)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/201...a/#436ecfe550d1

White Sox are listed on here. They better still have Beggars Pizza at the ballpark. That would be a travesty.

They have the score 5 runs deal with Papa John's. Beggar's is still at the park. In fact, they built a Beggars Pizza Pub in left center field, similar to the XFinity Zone down the right field line. So Beggars is going to be there for a while.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
They have the score 5 runs deal with Papa John's. Beggar's is still at the park. In fact, they built a Beggars Pizza Pub in left center field, similar to the XFinity Zone down the right field line. So Beggars is going to be there for a while.

Good to hear.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I just can't get on board with the Chicago pizza snobbery. Sure, if I have a choice, I prefer my local Chicago pizza joints. But if I need a quick inexpensive meal, there's nothing wrong with some Papa John's.

We all know even bad pizza tastes good, but by pizza standards, Papa John's is bad. I'd rather have almost any other pizza. For me it has nothing to do with being from Chicago.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I just can't get on board with the Chicago pizza snobbery. Sure, if I have a choice, I prefer my local Chicago pizza joints. But if I need a quick inexpensive meal, there's nothing wrong with some Papa John's.

Even amongst more of the fast food type of pizza, Papa John's sucks. Give me Little Ceasars or Pizza Hut over them.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
Papa Johns sucks and so does Peyton Manning.

Papa John had a huge market share increase in the Denver pizza business due to those obnoxious ads. Unfortunately.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
Just realized, we never got the photo dump from the Sox of new food offerings at the park for this year.

Guess there's nothing new then?

There was something in the Tribune yesterday. There were like 4 new things. They all looked pretty good.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...otogallery.html

Edited by Dick Allen