Sign in to follow this  
Y2Jimmy0

Papa John's to become official Pizza of MLB

Papa John's is taking over the world. Who the hell is eating this crap and why?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:32 AM)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/201...a/#436ecfe550d1

White Sox are listed on here. They better still have Beggars Pizza at the ballpark. That would be a travesty.

They have the score 5 runs deal with Papa John's. Beggar's is still at the park. In fact, they built a Beggars Pizza Pub in left center field, similar to the XFinity Zone down the right field line. So Beggars is going to be there for a while.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
They have the score 5 runs deal with Papa John's. Beggar's is still at the park. In fact, they built a Beggars Pizza Pub in left center field, similar to the XFinity Zone down the right field line. So Beggars is going to be there for a while.

Good to hear.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
April Fool?

I wish.

I just can't get on board with the Chicago pizza snobbery. Sure, if I have a choice, I prefer my local Chicago pizza joints. But if I need a quick inexpensive meal, there's nothing wrong with some Papa John's.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I just can't get on board with the Chicago pizza snobbery. Sure, if I have a choice, I prefer my local Chicago pizza joints. But if I need a quick inexpensive meal, there's nothing wrong with some Papa John's.

We all know even bad pizza tastes good, but by pizza standards, Papa John's is bad. I'd rather have almost any other pizza. For me it has nothing to do with being from Chicago.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)

Even amongst more of the fast food type of pizza, Papa John's sucks. Give me Little Ceasars or Pizza Hut over them.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
Papa Johns sucks and so does Peyton Manning.

Papa John had a huge market share increase in the Denver pizza business due to those obnoxious ads. Unfortunately.

Who's the equivalent to Peyton Manning in baseball?

That was good/cheap pizza to each while in a dorm at college; once you have money, and realize the quality of pizza that is around, you wonder how you ever ate this type of food.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)

Well, with the HGH stuff going around and his age... Alex Rodriguez.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
Papa John had a huge market share increase in the Denver pizza business due to those obnoxious ads. Unfortunately.

Was it that or the legalization of the ganga?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)

It probably was Jeter, but right now baseball doesn't have any stars on the level of the top NFL or NBA guys.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
It probably was Jeter, but right now baseball doesn't have any stars on the level of the top NFL or NBA guys.

Winner.

40% doesn't seem like such a good deal when all those listed teams were doing 50% for 5 runs scored.

Guess this replaces the league's deal with Domino's, where they gave away free pizzas for no-hitters.

Just realized, we never got the photo dump from the Sox of new food offerings at the park for this year.

Guess there's nothing new then?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)

Closest right now is probably Trout and Harper.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
Just realized, we never got the photo dump from the Sox of new food offerings at the park for this year.

Guess there's nothing new then?

There was something in the Tribune yesterday. There were like 4 new things. They all looked pretty good.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...otogallery.html

Edited by Dick Allen

Perhaps because I'm over here in NWI, living in a non wealthy household, and don't venture to Chicago for pizza all that often, but I happen to loves me some Papa Johns.