2016 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

How many strikeouts will Sale record on Monday?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How many strikeouts will Sale record on Monday?

• 0-5
    • 14+

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Maybe you are different from me, but every time I couldn't watch a game and recorded it, no matter how well I planned, it never worked out.

Same here -- very rarely turns into the intended experience, for one reason or another.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
Tell that Triple A [bleep] to shut the [bleep] up. Tell him to start throwing some strikes or he's going to get Dusty fired. ~ Ozzie Guillen on Rich Hill

#NeverForget

THAT Rich Hill? Wow.

At Cleveland and at Yankees postponed. Baseball is not meant to be played in early April for a bunch of the teams. Let's hope Tampa isn't moved to Montreal creating another lousy early season spot. Unless they also go indoors.

Unless gray is out for every game of the series how in the world is this a break? In fact this guarantees that we won't have a pitching edge in one of the games wheras we probably would have had the better starter in all four games otherwise. The season is longer than opening day

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Unless gray is out for every game of the series how in the world is this a break? In fact this guarantees that we won't have a pitching edge in one of the games wheras we probably would have had the better starter in all four games otherwise. The season is longer than opening day

It's always good to win the first one. If this helps the Sox win tonight, then it could relax them.

You lose Sale vs Gray, the pressing could start right away.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
At Cleveland and at Yankees postponed. Baseball is not meant to be played in early April for a bunch of the teams. Let's hope Tampa isn't moved to Montreal creating another lousy early season spot. Unless they also go indoors.

It's really not meant to be played in early November either but unless they go to a 154 game schedule or the MLBPA allows more doubleheaders -- this is what we get.

I'm glad the Sox are in Oakland to start. Get some good weather to start, then even if it's cold in Chicago at least they'll be glad to be home.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
I wonder if we should scratch Sale tonight. Seems like pitching him here is a waste when he's not needed to win. Pitch Danks against Hill and let him pad his record for trade value. Than come back with Sale later in the series when he might be needed to get a win.

Hell no, get the win then move on.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
I wonder if we should scratch Sale tonight. Seems like pitching him here is a waste when he's not needed to win. Pitch Danks against Hill and let him pad his record for trade value. Than come back with Sale later in the series when he might be needed to get a win.

This isn't MLB the Show... You take wins any way you can get them. I for one do not think this means an auto-win. Helps their chances? Sure, but that's about it.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
If LaRoche hadn't retired, Avi would more than likely been a super sub of sorts spelling all three outfielders and DHing versus LHP allowing him to play 3 or 4 days a week. He would probably not be in the lineup today.

Going into the pre-season, I would have agreed. After Avi's spring training, who knows.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
Watch Rich Hill kick our ass.

He was pretty dominant at the end of last season. He may turn out to be a really good signing that Oakland can flip mid-season.

A junk ballling lefty? There is always that chance.