2016 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

How many strikeouts will Sale record on Monday?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How many strikeouts will Sale record on Monday?

• 0-5
    • 14+

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 12:08 AM)
Sure beats waiting until the 5th game to get the 1st win. Sox now 14-3 in Opening Days going back to the 2000 season.

Could've been 15-2 if not for Billy Koch....in 2003 was it? Or 2004? I try to forget it.

Eaton off to a fast start is key to this offense. Tonight was a step in the right direction.

Frazier looked like he was pressing and trying to hit everything out. He'll settle down and take what he's given. Did hit one right at 3B on the button.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)
Maybe you are different from me, but every time I couldn't watch a game and recorded it, no matter how well I planned, it never worked out.

That is how I watched game 3 vs. Boaton in 2005. Recorded it on a VCR. I learned the outcome of tonight's game before I got home, but I probably could have avoided it if I really tried.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 12:07 AM)
That is how I watched game 3 vs. Boaton in 2005. Recorded it on a VCR. I learned the outcome of tonight's game before I got home, but I probably could have avoided it if I really tried.

People that know me have enough decency to not ruin the outcomes of games I record. Tonight was that night.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 01:11 AM)
People that know me have enough decency to not ruin the outcomes of games I record. Tonight was that night.

I don't have to worry about people so much, but where I work there are always TVs with sports on.

well i left when JA had that great at bat .... what was it, 13+ pitches??? too bad he later pop-up to rf.

this is a great start. i do not care it is only 1 game, but it all the positive thing i am seeing.

a great start.,

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 06:00 AM)
well i left when JA had that great at bat .... what was it, 13+ pitches??? too bad he later pop-up to rf.

this is a great start. i do not care it is only 1 game, but it all the positive thing i am seeing.

a great start.,

Hell of a lot better than 2015 Opening Day, that's for sure

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 07:32 AM)
With last year's offense, last night's game is a 3-2, 3-1 loss. So much better when you can actually score 4 runs haha

Absolutely. The bullpen looked solid as well (with the exception of Petricka), and the offense will only get better as time goes on.

If the Sox can win 3/4 in Oakland, I will be very happy. They should win tonight too since the pitching matchup is in their favor again.