**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
So TNA officially on its deathbed bed. Basically have to decide this week whether to sell to Corgan and co or WWE. And it sounds like WWE is the only one in position to buy.

Yeah, heard the update as well. What's strange is I believe Billy told ESPN he has the money there's just other issues, not sure what those are. He did say if he got it, he'd change the name. Probably right move, he'd still have the talent and the TV contracts to re-boot.

Imagine if WWE buys them it will be mostly for tape library and I assume they'll take some wrestlers. They already were sniffing around Matt because his deal runs out in Spring and Jeff would still be a draw (assuming he's clean, which all reports indicate he is).

We shall see, it will be an interesting few days.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
Miz is an otherworldly heel. Smackdown is so so good. Night and day vs Raw.

When that segment started, I was like "Please no more dolph!" and now after I want it to main event No Mercy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
And I can't really say for certain Dolph will win because there are rumors he's leaving every year. His stand up is awful but could see him trying to branch out.

Trying out MMA is all the rage right now! I don't think he'd actually do that but he's got the background to potentially be successful.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
Trying out MMA is all the rage right now! I don't think he'd actually do that but he's got the background to potentially be successful.

He wrestled at 165 at Kent State, I'm sure he's bigger now (listed at 218, so I'm sure around 200) but to realistically fight, he'd have to be at 185 likely, which, in MMA, the lower you go, deeper divisions get, and UFC for sure, and maybe even Bellator, wouldn't see him as a big enough draw to justify it. Also he's 36, starting any serious striking at 36 is a real issue.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
The Miz-Ziggler feud and main event program are beyond awesome right now on SD.

Many factors involved, but the 2 hours v. 3 hours of Raw makes a HUGE difference, and not having Stephanie berate babyfaces (well, everyone actually) to cringe worthy heights just about every week on your show really helps as well.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but the ROH All Star Extravaganza tomorrow night is crazy. The Dragon Lee v. Kamaitachi match taking place in the U.S. is crazy, their Arena Mexico matches have been awesome. The ladder match has a chance to be something unreal, although could be one where it's too crazy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Star_Extr...za_VIII#Matches

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
Ibushi is back for the Dusty classic, tagging with Itami. That should be fun.

That's awesome!!!!!

Sound's like Ibushi wants to work a limited schedule due to his neck, so may never get him on main roster, but really cool they're giving him spots still.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
One of my all time favorites, Eddie Kingston, is finally getting a tryout. He's a guy who I think could be a top heel if used correctly.

Heidi Lovelace who is almost equally awesome is also getting a tryout.

Yup, excited to see Lovelace get the shot, she wrestles in a mask as Sally Stitches, in Freelance at least, and also couldn't be a nicer person.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
Smackdown is so so good. I don't get how this company produces both raw and Smackdown. Miz vs Zig for feud of the year.

Should be main event on Sunday.

Yo all,

I was just looking at highlights from Raw Sasha Banks title match win over Charlotte.

Around the 1:02 mark of this video, Charlotte performs an amazing jump move. This move literally made me go WOW. Unfortunately, she missed sasha banks otherwise it would be on all highlights everywhere.

Any opinions on that? Good/stupid? Did it look as bad of a landing (missing Sasha) and it did to me? What do you think?

I will say one thing tho, Charlotte tries very hard to make these matches as special as can be. With recent news of her wanting to main event a PPV with the ladies and go in a hell in a cell, she is one hell of a game changing performer.

No Mercy tonight. Should be a good show. I hear Becky Lynch has a minor (but serious enough to cancel her match at No mercy) injury. That sucks.

Aj Styles should retain title in a great match, I look for Miz to go over Dolph and 'retire' him for a while.