**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
1. Alexa is an American treasure.

2. I hate that Brock is being lumped in with Taker and Goldberg, 2 old guys who can barely move and seem uncoordinated.

3. All this is a red herring for someone like Zayn or Miz to win the Rumble. It can't be a PTer. Would be a waste.

1) I always knew you were smart.

1a) Honestly though, the WWE knows and understands Alexa's shortcomings in the ring, that's why they have her perform only against certain others that can help carry her. Her timing isn't the best, but shes absolute aces on the mic and has the facial expressions to match, and frankly, that means a LOT in wrestling. You can see they're protecting Alexa by not even having her put her title on the line at the RR, as it's clear they want her to keep it for a while.

2) Brock is frankly becoming one of the older guys now, he's clearly not in the same shape he once was and he's a part timer anyway, so he may as well be lumped in with the other part timers so they can dedicate more attention to the people who deserve it.

3) Miz would be a GREAT choice, he's CLEARLY ready to be elevated to main event status.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
2. I hate that Brock is being lumped in with Taker and Goldberg, 2 old guys who can barely move and seem uncoordinated.

If you asked me 2 years ago I would have thought it'd be a crazy thing to say too. But I can't even remember the last time Brock has done anything remotely interesting to be honest.

I have a feeling Big Cass is going to win the Rumble.

I will gladly take it if I am wrong, but... I think this has absolutely no chance of coming true. Cass is cool, good, and could be in line for a push sometime in the next 2 years, but hes with Enzo now, if they want to push a big man.. why not Braun Strowman? I'm not buying cass.

I think it could be Zayn or Miz. They've been amazing for the product.

I'd really prefer to keep Miz at IC level as he has made that an amazing title.

Rumor has it that orton is winning the rumble... and wyatt winning elimination chamber setting up their match. Meh. That's OKish I guess. I'd be somewhat cool with Orton winning the rumble.

Rumor has it that Cena vs. Samoa Joe at WM 33 could take place. Not sure how I feel about that either, I guess that'd be pretty cool. Hopefully it won't be over the title? Hm.

My wants to win the Rumble, in order: Nakumara, Chris Jericho, Sami Zyan, Orton, Samoa Joe, The Miz, ....., Death

My guess on who wins: Orton, Undertaker, Rollins (somehow?? and then getting screwed out of it by HHH setting up mania)

I really have no idea who will win the rumble = that's a good thing. The bad thing is, I don't really want anyone to win it other than Nakumara/Zyan for personal reasons or Jericho for legit storyline reasons (and personal). Naku and Zyan being extreme underdogs.

I also saw a report earlier stating that Styles/Owens will likely lose their titles for Mania. That'd be seriously unfortunate.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
I will gladly take it if I am wrong, but... I think this has absolutely no chance of coming true. Cass is cool, good, and could be in line for a push sometime in the next 2 years, but hes with Enzo now, if they want to push a big man.. why not Braun Strowman? I'm not buying cass.

I think it could be Zayn or Miz. They've been amazing for the product.

I'd really prefer to keep Miz at IC level as he has made that an amazing title.

Rumor has it that orton is winning the rumble... and wyatt winning elimination chamber setting up their match. Meh. That's OKish I guess. I'd be somewhat cool with Orton winning the rumble.

Rumor has it that Cena vs. Samoa Joe at WM 33 could take place. Not sure how I feel about that either, I guess that'd be pretty cool. Hopefully it won't be over the title? Hm.

My wants to win the Rumble, in order: Nakumara, Chris Jericho, Sami Zyan, Orton, Samoa Joe, The Miz, ....., Death

My guess on who wins: Orton, Undertaker, Rollins (somehow?? and then getting screwed out of it by HHH setting up mania)

I really have no idea who will win the rumble = that's a good thing. The bad thing is, I don't really want anyone to win it other than Nakumara/Zyan for personal reasons or Jericho for legit storyline reasons (and personal). Naku and Zyan being extreme underdogs.

I also saw a report earlier stating that Styles/Owens will likely lose their titles for Mania. That'd be seriously unfortunate.

My wants to win the Rumble, in order: Alexa Bliss, Alexa Bliss, Alexa Bliss

My guess on who actually wins: Balor, Miz, Orton, Corbin

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
If I had to choose someone that I'd want to win the rumble I'd go: Sami or Samoan Joseph. Sami-KO or AJ-Joe would be lovely if I had my way. Vince can have his old people and big people matches with out the titles.

Say it ain't NO JOE. Not a fan. Blah.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 03:15 PM)
Ha, ya you made that clear before. I'm a big fan though so that's all that matters. ;)

Uh, no.

Since being drafted into this thread, all that matters is what I say matters. And you know who doesn't matter? Samoa "Minor League for Life" Joe, and uh, who else doesn't matter? YOU. This isn't SLAM, Pale Hose Talk or some other feeder league jabronie infested organization like that Filibuster. This is World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Federation of Entertainment, damnit!

And I've arrived.

ME

(Ok, I promise I won't cut promos in the middle of a discussion anymore.) ;)

I could see them having finn balor win the rumble as well, but that is slightly unexpected.

If I had to choose someone that I'd want to win the rumble I'd go: Sami or Samoan Joseph. Sami-KO or AJ-Joe would be lovely if I had my way. Vince can have his old people and big people matches with out the titles.

If they had built it up a little bit better they really could have had an amazing WM moment with Sami going over Owens for his first title victory. Would be a big time face win.

Unfortunately, they haven't really developed it going into the rumble as a storyline. Also, they'll likely have Owens lose to Reigns and we've seen Zayn vs. Owens now like 3-4 times. Ah well.

I'm realllllly curious to see how they fit everyone into great matches at WM. We already have a WM card looking like:

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

Bray Waytt vs. Randy Orton

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

That leaves out potentially Ambrose, Miz, Balor, Cena, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Shane McMahon, SD Live Womans Title, Tag Titles on both brands.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 03:53 PM)
In 1 hour, Kenny Omega set to "announce his future", whatever that means.

Unless his NJPW contract ran out earlier than the reported 1/31, there's really only 1 option of what his future can be if he's announcing it today.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
I could see them having finn balor win the rumble as well, but that is slightly unexpected.

If they had built it up a little bit better they really could have had an amazing WM moment with Sami going over Owens for his first title victory. Would be a big time face win.

Unfortunately, they haven't really developed it going into the rumble as a storyline. Also, they'll likely have Owens lose to Reigns and we've seen Zayn vs. Owens now like 3-4 times. Ah well.

I'm realllllly curious to see how they fit everyone into great matches at WM. We already have a WM card looking like:

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

Bray Waytt vs. Randy Orton

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

That leaves out potentially Ambrose, Miz, Balor, Cena, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Shane McMahon, SD Live Womans Title, Tag Titles on both brands.

Same list, in order, Meltzer had in Observer today....

Add Braun to the list of someone that needs matches.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 04:37 PM)
BUT WHAT'S THE ROCK GOING TO BE DOING?!?!?!?

Anywho, I gotta stop complaining about this s***. I'm going to enjoy the rumble and I'll be back to complain Sunday night when I'm unhappy!

Ahhh, the life of a wrestling fan.

I'm watching the 2004 Royal Rumble on dailymotion and my GOD this s*** is jam packed.

Cena, Eddie Guerro, Chavo, Rey Mysterio, HBK, Jericho, Kane, Rikishi, Hardys, Edge and Christian, Team Angle, RVD, just to name a few! Practically every guy in there has been a world champion (ok, maybe like 20 of them). Only a few outliners.

Do you think today's roster matches up at all with roster in 2004?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
By playing, you agree to sporting the avatar of the winners choosing for one week! Boom! Stakes raised!

I kinda missed this -- is this like a group thing? As in do all the losers (which I won't be one of) have to sport the same avatar, or is this individual?