**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
Del Rio and Paige both slapped with 30 day wellness violations.

I have to wonder if they did this to protest being drafted to separate brands.

Take a substance, get a month off together. Seems possible to me.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they're both trying to get released at this point.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These NXT shows the day before WWE PPVs just make main roster booking look bad. They slowly build these match ups in old school ways and it works while main roster rushes everything.

I get they have monthly shows and may have to rush stuff but it still doesn't work more often then not because it's short booking. I think you can set up things months down the road while doing short stuff but they just don't.

The tag match and women's matches last night were so good and I legit thought Joe had his jaw broke.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Great 1st match. Owens was fantastic per usual.

Enzo was fantastic on the mic per usual too. Great start.

The Cesaro vs Sheamus match was excellent as well. Going with women's title match early.

Sasha almost died twice so far.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 06:34 PM)
The Cesaro vs Sheamus match was excellent as well. Going with women's title match early.

Sasha almost died twice so far.

Overall a sloppy match from these 2. Why in the world did the WWE think it was a good idea to put the title back on Charlotte?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
Overall a sloppy match from these 2. Why in the world did the WWE think it was a good idea to put the title back on Charlotte?

Definitely sloppy. Charlotte is way better as a champion than chaser IMO.

Just wanted to pipe in somewhere that the decision to have Aj Styles go over Cena cleanly in a great match at SS 2016 was excellent. There were many times during the match where I said "oh f***, here's the end for AJ", most notably when he went for the forearm punch at the end ( I thought he'd jump right into a cena finisher move).

Excellent decision and I will give WWE that credit! To put AJ over cena 2-0 in 1on1's is a very smart move for both AJ and Cena.

Now AJ can move on to Championship, and Cena can continue to have high level fights that get the crowd going.

With that being said, the problem with these matches is they are much too finisher heavy. Great match, but the pattern is too basic these days.

As far as Charlotte vs. Sasha outcome, I am okay with this. I was okay with having either women winning. The women's division is ripe with great competitors. Just waiting for Bayley to come in and complete the women's revolution :).

Edited by iWin4Ron

Could be a big day for Bullet Club with AJ STyles, Gallows& Anderson, and Finn wins.

I think Gallows and Anderson are ripe for Tag Team Championships now with New day being down a member, it's time for a title change.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
Curious - where did you hear that?

Why all the drug suspensions lately? WWE cracking down?

Dirt sheets were talking about it. Sounds like it was people in feuds unlike Eva/Paige/ADR, hence why they're waiting until after Summerslam.

This also just came out

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/746113-sas...raw-live-events

So yeah Sasha is either hurt or getting suspended.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
Multiple drug suspensions are coming out tomorrow.

I imagine Sasha is on that list, hence why she dropped the belt.

Also Cena-Styles for MOTY

Just saw the Sasha rumor as well. Now it makes sense.

From a once-in-a-while watcher of WWE product, seeing Ambrose vs. Ziggler for WWE title is, uh, kind of boring. As much as I dig the Zig, Ambrose in any match is boring to me. This is likely due to the Wrestlemania effect where I had such high hopes for Ambrose vs. Lesnar and it failed so devastatingly.