**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

I agree, the two champs are awesome right now.

WWE now needs a good guy, a face. John Cena's been that guy for quite some time. Rollins is OK, I think. Reigns fails miserably. Over on SD you don't have much going on. I could see Slater be that guy with some molding over time (he seems very likeable in his character). When Nakumara comes up, he could be great.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 07:43 AM)
I agree, the two champs are awesome right now.

WWE now needs a good guy, a face. John Cena's been that guy for quite some time. Rollins is OK, I think. Reigns fails miserably. Over on SD you don't have much going on. I could see Slater be that guy with some molding over time (he seems very likeable in his character). When Nakumara comes up, he could be great.

The thing that drives me crazy is Smackdown and Raw have thin rosters, Raw is made worse that it's 3 hours, that will be partially helped next week when the Cruiserweight division starts (From what I've heard is Metallik (who has been tearing it up in his wrap-up shows in CMLL), Gallagher, Cedrik Alexander, Tozawa (!!!), Swan, Perkins have been signed, obviously could be more. Gargano and Ciampa are under deals, but not sure if they'll stay in NXT and continue feud with the Revival) but won't be given a whole hour. (Sabre likely won't sign and Ibushi can if he wants, and would win it if he did, but supposedly doesn't want a WWE exclusive deal, which could all be a work at the end of the day).

They have Nak, Joe (his injury is a work), Aries, Roode, the Revival, Ciampa and Gargano (and I'm sure I'm missing others) that can step into the main rosters and provide very good work, however, NXT is such an independent touring brand, they need them for the house shows and keep the brand with established names.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
The thing that drives me crazy is Smackdown and Raw have thin rosters, Raw is made worse that it's 3 hours, that will be partially helped next week when the Cruiserweight division starts (From what I've heard is Metallik (who has been tearing it up in his wrap-up shows in CMLL), Gallagher, Cedrik Alexander, Tozawa (!!!), Swan, Perkins have been signed, obviously could be more. Gargano and Ciampa are under deals, but not sure if they'll stay in NXT and continue feud with the Revival) but won't be given a whole hour. (Sabre likely won't sign and Ibushi can if he wants, and would win it if he did, but supposedly doesn't want a WWE exclusive deal, which could all be a work at the end of the day).

They have Nak, Joe (his injury is a work), Aries, Roode, the Revival, Ciampa and Gargano (and I'm sure I'm missing others) that can step into the main rosters and provide very good work, however, NXT is such an independent touring brand, they need them for the house shows and keep the brand with established names.

Rumor has it that both Gargano and Ciampa will be in the cruiserweight division. For a little bit I'm sure they'll both work NXT and raw. Kendrick is going to be in the division as well. Sabre and Ibushi are the two main guys that aren't signed who I wouldn't be shocked to see down the not so distant road. I'm sure they'll pursue Ricochet when his LU contract is up too.

There are a lot of people in NXT that should be on the main roster but yes, while they're a touring brand they're not going to gut the whole roster. I'm sure Joe gets one more match with Nak and then gets moved up though.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
Rumor has it that both Gargano and Ciampa will be in the cruiserweight division. For a little bit I'm sure they'll both work NXT and raw. Kendrick is going to be in the division as well. Sabre and Ibushi are the two main guys that aren't signed who I wouldn't be shocked to see down the not so distant road. I'm sure they'll pursue Ricochet when his LU contract is up too.

There are a lot of people in NXT that should be on the main roster but yes, while they're a touring brand they're not going to gut the whole roster. I'm sure Joe gets one more match with Nak and then gets moved up though.

This is one of those unofficial/official things. The issue is he's in Ultimate Lucha 3 that won't air until June, then theoretically there's a window he still couldn't appear on TV for someone else for a set time after that. He's told LU he isn't coming back and he'll work U.S. indys and NJPW until he can go to WWE (again, all can change, obviously).

There's a chance WWE and Ricochet may push the no compete as he's masked in LU so an argument can be made there's no market confusion, but we shall see.

BTW, I should list it more, but I generally get anything I put here from Wrestling Observer, either Meltzer's newsletter or the radio shows/podcasts with him and Alvarez (or some of the ones Alvarez does with others).

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
Does Joe still take indy bookings despite the NXT deal? Thought he said when he first came in he had an original deal. Makes me question if his goal is the main roster.

When he first started it seemed he was just going to be a part time NXTer and still do the indy stuff. He's all in on NXT now though and I'm sure he'll be on the main roster soon.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
When he first started it seemed he was just going to be a part time NXTer and still do the indy stuff. He's all in on NXT now though and I'm sure he'll be on the main roster soon.

He and Roode should be up tomorrow. Ha

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
He and Roode should be up tomorrow. Ha

After Styles is done with Ambrose, a face Joe should be his next challenger as there is just no other credible face on that roster with Orton broke and Cena gone. It'd be kind of funny if they had Joe-Styles at mania for the belt in Orlando just as a huge kick in the nads to TNA. Obviously they should be above something like that but seems like a thing Vince would get a kick out of doing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
After Styles is done with Ambrose, a face Joe should be his next challenger as there is just no other credible face on that roster with Orton broke and Cena gone. It'd be kind of funny if they had Joe-Styles at mania for the belt in Orlando just as a huge kick in the nads to TNA. Obviously they should be above something like that but seems like a thing Vince would get a kick out of doing.

How about Joe comes up to help Shane when Shane feuds with Brock? Joe could be the guy to beat Brock at mania and be shot to the moon.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
How about Joe comes up to help Shane when Shane feuds with Brock? Joe could be the guy to beat Brock at mania and be shot to the moon.

I'd be cool with that but I'm sure we're just getting a Brock-Shane match at some point. I have no interest in that whatsoever but people like watching Brock throw people and Shane be a crazy person so as much as I don't want to see it, a lot of other people will.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
I'd be cool with that but I'm sure we're just getting a Brock-Shane match at some point. I have no interest in that whatsoever but people like watching Brock throw people and Shane be a crazy person so as much as I don't want to see it, a lot of other people will.

You're cranky and hate everything

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 06:59 PM)
When's Cena due back? I hope it doesn't happen but i smell a Cena title run coming up here real soon.....

If there is a next one, it'll be sacred number 16 so WWE has to be thinking that.

Some good thoughts in this thread. A brock vs. Joe WM match would kick ass and be smart as hell if they put over Joe that way.

They won't tho.

I am really liking the fact that matches now get more time on the PPV's. That is a great thing for story building of matches.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
CWC Spoiler........

......Love seeing TJP win it. Gargano, Ciampa, and Swan were already over with the crowd and Ibushi/Sabre aren't signed so it makes sense to get someone else over and TJP is the right choice.

As soon as Sabre lost, I figured Ibushi would as well for some reason. Perkins definitely looked the best this tourney. They gave him wins over the top guys in there pretty much, outside of Sabre. If WWE signed Ibushi, I don't think I'd want him in cruiserweight division anyway.