**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
CWC Spoiler........

......Love seeing TJP win it. Gargano, Ciampa, and Swan were already over with the crowd and Ibushi/Sabre aren't signed so it makes sense to get someone else over and TJP is the right choice.

Yes, with the last 4 TJP was the only logical choice. Ibushi and Sabre apparently haven't signed, and Metallik has dates in Mexico to wrap up, so while he's signed, he won't be full time right away.

Even outside of the logical choice, TJP is a good one, good worker and a good face to kick the division off with. Wish they'd bring Aries in as the heel challenger right away.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
Yes, with the last 4 TJP was the only logical choice. Ibushi and Sabre apparently haven't signed, and Metallik has dates in Mexico to wrap up, so while he's signed, he won't be full time right away.

Even outside of the logical choice, TJP is a good one, good worker and a good face to kick the division off with. Wish they'd bring Aries in as the heel challenger right away.

Bringing up Aries would be awesome. If not Aries, they should turn Ciampa heel(turn on Gargano to set up a #1 contenders match) and just turn him into the psycho bad ass he is.

Is Kalisto on Raw?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
Bringing up Aries would be awesome. If not Aries, they should turn Ciampa heel(turn on Gargano to set up a #1 contenders match) and just turn him into the psycho bad ass he is.

Is Kalisto on Raw?

He's with Smackdown, which makes no sense.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
Speaking of TJP, Sapolski got excited about his win and released his match with Riddle from over the weekend:

Riddle will probably be in WWE rather soon and is going to be an absolute star.

So, as silly as it may sound to some, WWE is obviously aware of him, but they're hesitant due to marijuana failures when he was in UFC and his pro marijuana stance.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
So, as silly as it may sound to some, WWE is obviously aware of him, but they're hesitant due to marijuana failures when he was in UFC and his pro marijuana stance.

He's also still brand new to the sport and they weren't going to take a "chance" on him until he proved himself a bit. They'll get over it as he continues to gain popularity and he'll be there semi soon imo.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
So, what does this all mean? TNA = dead down the line? Similar to WCW?

Depends. They still have tv, but last handful of tapings they scrambled last minute to cover costs.

Any new owner has to figure out more revenue if it's to go on. All they really do is tv and it's not enough to cover expenses

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
I'm going to listen to Wrestling Observer Radio on CTA over to riotfest and I believe they give more detail, but wwe is mostly interested in the tape library.

What I figured. Need footage for Samoa Joe and AJ Styles DVDs.

Smackdown continues to be really good. The Bliss-Becky segment was perfect, Alpha-Usos was really good, Ziggler-Miz was great and the Main Event angle continues to be fantastic. Talking Smack was awesome again last night too. Tweener Ambrose(or whatever the hell he is now) is about 8000 times better than goofy face Ambrose, happy he's back to more of his Shield character.

Hey guys, Clash of Champions tonight, so it's time to post my predictions since I don't want to do my homework right now.

WWE Universal Championship

Kevin Owens © -1700 vs. Seth Rollins +800

Owens retains. If Rollins wins we riot. Don't give Owens the title only to give it to Rollins in 2-3 weeks, the title will be dead on arrival. (90% certainty from me)

WWE United States Championship

Roman Reigns -1725 vs. Rusev +825 ©

I think Reigns wins via DQ and does not get the championship. The championship does nothing for him right now, Rusev can go on to feud with other people and it'd seem credible. Admittedly, the WWE might give Reigns the win. (55% certain in my result)

WWE Tag Team Championships

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson -1050 vs. The New Day © +550

Tough one to predict. Does WWE want New Day to beat the longest streak of holding the belts? It sure feels like Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson's time to be champs, but not sure. I say Gallows and Anderson win wins the belt here (51% certain).

WWE Women's Championship Triple Threat Match

Charlotte © -505 vs. Sasha Banks +445 vs. Bayley +1250

Charlotte wins. Once again, don't keep having the belt change hands. Not time for Bayley, have her moment more special.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

T.J. Perkins -2600 vs. Brian Kendrick +1200

Dunno, don't care yet, I'm sure the match will likely be great. Champion (Perkins?) retains.

Alicia Fox © +1000 vs. Nia Jax -2000

lol. Nia Jax (99% certainty)

Cesaro +145 vs. Sheamus -185

Sheamus wins. (60% certainty)

Sami Zayn -600 vs. Chris Jericho +400

Sami should win here, he needs it more.

Questionable booking for Sheamus vs. Cesaro. Was a fantastic match and then the two opponents either hurt themselves too much in reality, or (more likely) it was planned out to be a stoppage and no winner.

Should of been match of night, now likely great match with an asterisk.

Overall, very happy with the Raw PPV so far. The matches have all been excellent, although filled with some sloopiness/botches.

As I say this, Jericho wins over Zayn. I hear they are going for the 'underdog' approach for Zayn, meh, hope it works. Jericho is insanely interesting right now.

The one thing I will complain about is the lack of stipulation matches. I understand it is PG era, but every match feels like the same setting: Do some dives outside, hit some finishers, than cycle to the end.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 25, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
I thought the matches were good. The endings were horrific though. And Cesaro and Sheamus fought I believe last night in Chicago. So technically, they're going to have an 9th match.

seemed to be a decent amount of botched spots tonight throughout matches. Nothing crazy (although I don't know how to categorize Cesaro landing on his flipping neck since he's apparently OK) but just a bit off.

I don't get the Jericho beating Sami thing at all. I know the plan is likely a Jericho/Owens/Rollins 3 way at Hell in the Cell, but Jericho is a 45 year old 3/4 timer and Zayn could be on the swing up if booked correctly. However, we'll continue to see it, like Bayley will get same treatment, to most workers who don't fit Vince's format/look.

I believe Cesaro and Zayn have been working many house shows, they just say it's not part of the series.

Jericho is hotter right now than Zayn. Sami will have his time. Just cuz a guy loses doesn't mean he's being buried. Fans these days will respect good workers and Sami is one.

Bayley just pinned Charlotte clean. Her coming up and winning the belt right away would do nothing. She is going to be the top woman for years to come.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
Jericho is hotter right now than Zayn. Sami will have his time. Just cuz a guy loses doesn't mean he's being buried. Fans these days will respect good workers and Sami is one.

Bayley just pinned Charlotte clean. Her coming up and winning the belt right away would do nothing. She is going to be the top woman for years to come.

I didn't say Bayley had to win, just don't think she should have done 2 jobs in a row. Seeds are planted early with fans, while their casual fan base is getting smaller and smaller, it's still bigger than the hardcore fans that would tend to favor a good worker despite how he or she is being booked.

By no means is it at the level of the fiasco from WCW, but if you haven't had the chance, I recommend reading or listening to the audiobook of Death of WCW by Bryan Alvarez and RD Reynolds. Again, by no means at the Kevin Nash/Vince Russo level of absurdity, but lots of interesting lessons in there.

Honestly, one of the reasons Bayley works so well is cause she is a lovable loser(as dumb as that sounds). That's why her story arch was so damn perfect in NXT. Her and Sasha are my two favorite people in the company but Charlotte winning is the right call here. The only thing that semi annoys me is it does seem like Charlotte-Dana is going to be the main women's program for a little while and that's just awful.

Edited by Rowand44