**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
Mick Foley as GM is one of the worst written characters ever in WWE. His counterpart DB is currently the WWE at its best on the otherhand.

I like his stuff with Sami the past few months. Not as good as DB vs Miz but quality.

They made New Day look legit again in one night.

Where was Emmalona damnit?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
The return of Cassius Ohno!!!!!!

I've never seen him work but remember he got fired for being lazy and out of shape. Hope he is changed.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
It's funny cause the dude is a lot bigger now than he was in his first stint but that also kind of makes the things he can do more impressive. But ya, he can really go in the ring, he can talk and he's just super entertaining in general. We'll see how it goes this time.

Yeah, hes a big ol boy now.

https://youtu.be/Tz6e-eL-dHg

With guys like Owens and Joe getting over, hopefully they see that physique doesn't matter.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
With guys like Owens and Joe getting over, hopefully they see that physique doesn't matter.

It should matter to a point. The biggest stars in WWE history pretty much all had good physiques and are more marketable to make money.

Joe is Samoan so his body type fits. KO has good matches but I'm sort of getting tired of his act already. If you take Jericho away, not sure I would care to see him right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 14, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
It should matter to a point. The biggest stars in WWE history pretty much all had good physiques and are more marketable to make money.

Joe is Samoan so his body type fits. KO has good matches but I'm sort of getting tired of his act already. If you take Jericho away, not sure I would care to see him right now.

It shouldn't matter at all in my opinion. It's almost 2017 and despite what drew in the 80's and 90's a lot of this stuff has already changed or will change. The older wrestling guys get stuck in their ways at times and that's why people are afraid to change it but I don't think having a bigger physique really should matter.

Also couldn't disagree with you more on KO. They haven't given him much to work with and he's still been doing great stuff.

You're wrong. I'm right.

And I agree that the booking hasn't helped. New championship is a joke. It was given to him and he is stuck in feud with same guys for 4 months. Boring. I'd like him to feud with a new guy every month.

Edited by Brian

It's slow at work so as the year comes to a close, I thought it'be fun to get everyone's opinion on the following. My responses will probably be all WWE/NXT because that's what I see.

Singles Match of the Year:

Tag Match of the Year:

Women's Match of the Year:

Woman of the Year:

Breakout Star of the Year:

Feud of the Year:

1 Prediction for 2017:

Make up your own topics.

Edited by Brian

Singles Match of the Year: The 2nd AJ vs Reigns match or Dolph career vs Miz title.

Tag Match of the Year: Revival vs DIY at Takeover Brooklyn 2

Best Tag Team: The Revival

Women's Match of the Year: Mania Triple Threat

Woman of the Year: Charlotte

Breakout Star of the Year: Alexa Bliss

Feud of the Year: Charlotte vs Sasha, even though it's dragged on a bit.

1 Prediction for 2017: Cesaro will win one of the heavyweight titles. Sigh

Best Show: NXT Takeover Dallas

Surprise of Year was Ryder winning ladder match at Mania.

cWc was great viewing

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
It's slow at work so as the year comes to a close, I thought it'be fun to get everyone's opinion on the following. My responses will probably be all WWE/NXT because that's what I see.

Singles Match of the Year: Styles-Cena at Summerslam

Tag Match of the Year:DIY-Revival Takeover Brooklyn 2.

Women's Match of the Year: Mania triple threat

Woman of the Year: Charlotte(eew)

Breakout Star of the Year: Alexa I guess, this is kind of a hard one to answer but I guess she went from afterthought to main player more than anyone else.

Feud of the Year: Charlotte-Sasha I think. The feud actually annoyed me most of the time but it had some awesome moments and has a ton of history attached to it now. Styles-Cena or the Miz/Bryan/Dolph trio would be my other votes.

1 Prediction for 2017: Brand split already dies.

Make up your own topics.

Superstar of the year: Styles by a landslide. Dude is on another level right now.

Show of the year: Takeover Dallas cause I was there and want to brag.

These are off the top of my head under the WWE umbrella so there's definitely a chance I forgot about something. And too many of my answers match Brian's so that's dumb.

Edited by Rowand44

Great choices already on here, a couple things outside WWE/NXT that came to mind (although the ones listed I could for sure agree with ):

Superstar: Kenny Omega, he's been so great in NJPW (also, as far as consistent work-rate goes, Mascara Dorada (Grand Metallik) has killed it in CMLL and his spots in cWc)

Tag Match: Either Ladder Wars 6 in ROH (this might actually be flat out match of the year with no qualifications) or Young Bucks and Adam Cole vs. Ricochet, Osprey and Matt Sydal and BOLA Night 2

Breakout: I agree with Alexa, she's so awesome!

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
Smackdown in Chicago next week previews to be a very entertaining show with 3 belts on the line.

Yeah. I wish I could go to that but I'd be worn out at work the next day. We'll see.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
Yeah. I wish I could go to that but I'd be worn out at work the next day. We'll see.

I'm going to both Raw and Smackdown, I know I'll be burnt out but two different groups of friends wanted to go the separate nights, so what the heck.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)
I'm going to both Raw and Smackdown, I know I'll be burnt out but two different groups of friends wanted to go the separate nights, so what the heck.

I can barely sit through Raw at home. They aren't hyping up next week as much as SD is.

idk which show to take my daughter to this upcoming week. We went to a house show w the raw crew back in September here in the Quad Cities, personally Raw is more entertaining for myself, but my little girl loves AJ Styles and The Miz. Combine that with the titles on the line on SD and the SD crew coming to the QC for a house show in 2 months im truely torn to choose which one to go to. Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated!

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 08:50 PM)
idk which show to take my daughter to this upcoming week. We went to a house show w the raw crew back in September here in the Quad Cities, personally Raw is more entertaining for myself, but my little girl loves AJ Styles and The Miz. Combine that with the titles on the line on SD and the SD crew coming to the QC for a house show in 2 months im truely torn to choose which one to go to. Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated!

Cena returning in front of his favorite crowd plus 3 title matches? You have to go Smackdown I would think. It's basically a ppv.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
Cena returning in front of his favorite crowd plus 3 title matches? You have to go Smackdown I would think. It's basically a ppv.

Unless his daughter likes Bayley, like most little girls...and Rowand44.