**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I enjoyed it -- but some of the decisions I'm just not very fond of.

1) Alexa Bliss losing, the way this was speed booked it's just flat to me. I'm not saying Naomi doesn't deserve a run, but not like this...this didn't elevate her whatsoever, and it feels like more of a "meh, here ya go, hold this until we put it back on Alexa at WM" title reign and it wasn't deserved in current storyline.

Naomi JUST returned like two weeks ago, does nothing to earn a title shot -- yea, she beat Alexa in tag matches, but there was no story buildup to a feud -- and almost no real heat considering they protected Bliss by having her essentially no-sell Naomi the entire time. Hell, at the contract signing, Bliss made it a point to no-sell Naomi by saying "OMG, I didn't even realize you were here!"

Basically, Naomi beat a champion that didn't take her seriously whatsoever...

* Oh, and in a rare moment, Alexa saved Naomi from botching that finish...Naomi should have dragged her to the corner to hit her finish only she got so excited she just ran up the ropes and Alexa had to stupidly move herself like 5+ feet to be in range.

2) Wyatt winning basically assures Lesnar/Goldberg are the main event of WM. I know a lot of you love Wyatt, hell even I do to some degree...but Wyatt vs Orton isn't going to draw anything other than the ICW that was going to watch it either way. It's just not.

This also likely assures us AJ Styles get's mired in a nonsensical feud that means nothing.

-----

While I wasn't fond of those outcomes for those reasons and I love to complain when AJ, The Miz and Alexa lose, it was still a fun little event...other than the tag scene (which either needs to be revamped from the ground up or just go away), I enjoyed every other match on the show.

Do people actually still love Bray Wyatt? His character has been dead to me forever now. Naomi is also super average to me so her having the title is semi annoying but whatever. Kind of sucks though cause I doubt that title is going to be defended at Mania. And I'm still pretty sure Styles is getting Shane which is also super annoying. Assuming Rollins is good to go, they have a loaded and healthy roster for Mania and there's almost nothing that interests me so boo.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
Do people actually still love Bray Wyatt? His character has been dead to me forever now. Naomi is also super average to me so her having the title is semi annoying but whatever. Kind of sucks though cause I doubt that title is going to be defended at Mania. And I'm still pretty sure Styles is getting Shane which is also super annoying. Assuming Rollins is good to go, they have a loaded and healthy roster for Mania and there's almost nothing that interests me so boo.

Not I.

Yep.

Loaded roster and most of the big names are facing part timers instead of each other and Cena is going to be a lame mixed tag match. I'll still be excited that weekend cuz I suck.

I'm so frustrated.

First, the good is Jericho vs. KO. I thought it was highly interesting having HHH discuss something with Owens and then Owens attitude towards Jericho completely changed. The turn on him was the first moment in a while where WWE had my stomache un-easy as it was just a brutal turn from Jericho going all out to let KO know how much he means to him to KO destroying Jericho with the list of KO.

But WTF is Bailey doing winning her first f***ing championship on f***ING RAW. SERIOUSLY?

Bailey was not built up for this, this literally meant nothing. They could of had a dynamic story going into 'Mania where in front of tens of thousands of live fans she gets a huge ovation and wins championship #1.

I am one of the biggest Bailey fans right now, she is the reason I tune in on mondays. This just upsets me. Its similiar to what their doing with Alexa Bliss on Smackdown, WTF is the point in her reigns.

Ah... I can't even... It's f***ing mental.

I will agree that the match was good tho.

Edited by iWin4Ron

*Bayley. And like I said I certainly wouldn't have put it on her yet but she did get a huge pop when she won and it clearly meant something. I would have preferred she got the Mania moment too but this worked and I can't be mad that she's the champion.

I don't get the whole Charlotte defending her title on Raw thing, it's obvious WWE wants to protect her PPV streak, so it's becoming that anytime that title is defended on Raw, it's going to change hands.

Bayley and Charlotte started feuding since Surivor Series, and Charlotte has been the champ for most of the last 18 months. We're still a whole 7 weeks from WM. Running the same Bayley and Charlotte angle week in and week out until then gets old fast. Maybe this is a move to get the belt off Charlotte and start the Bayley Sasha feud early in time for WM.

Of course, if they play hot potato again with the belt at Fast Lane, then the title itself would become the most worthless thing ever, and WWE's only interest in giving Bayley the belt tonight is so she could have a homecoming next week with the belt.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 07:12 AM)
Nobody wants to talk about the Emma/Emmalina segment

When Dana interfered, I thought Emma would've as well and maybe started a women's trio faction, costing Bayley.

I'm just so frustrated with this.

Like, I should be happy that my favourite wrestler just won the title, and I'm happy for Bayley. But this just provides another nail in the coffin that is WWE credibility. The women's title has flip flopped, almost predictably, way too often. Charlotte winning on PPV, Charlotte losing on Raw. It makes the title look incredibly weak, makes the competitors look weak as a division, and negates the build up/story.

I mean, it should be so simple just to have a quality storyline play out between these phenomenal women, culminating in the babyface winning the first world title on the grandest stage of them all, showcasing to the world that the underdog can do it and properly taking her place. Instead, we get some random ass title match on Raw (why are they having this match even? Bayley lost at the RR) and Bayley goes over while most of her fan demographic is still sleeping :P.

It just really upsets me that they seriously don't give a f*** about their credibility, storyline logic, or any of that. The match itself was great, almost a throwback to classic matches with Flair and Randy Savage/Hogan.

Ah well.. why do I even bother at this point?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 05:10 PM)
The Jericho/KO segment was the best wrestling segment in years. So amazing on every level. Very reminiscent of one of the most famous Attitude Era segments, This is your Life. And of course you had the HBK/Jannetty call back too.

Best segment in 5 years IMO.