**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 22, 2017 -> 07:54 AM)
To me this is shaping up to be a lot worse than last year cause they have a full roster. Waste Styles, waste Cena, waste Miz, Goldberg/Brock is the ME. At least adding Luke to Bray-Randy makes that semi interesting. Overall just bad.

Yes but Goldberg/Brock is the ME specifically because they're pushing people like the Wyatt's, and while they're all IWC darlings...the WM crowd (which is probably majority casuals) just don't care about the Wyatt's as much as the IWC wishes they did.

My wife is a casual (total mark, constantly asks if what just happened was real)...and she can't stand any of the people with hillbilly beards. Automatically hates them all and just doesn't want to see them...even calls the Wyatt entrance boring as hell even if it looks kinda cool, though she does like Randy Orton...

She likes wrestlers like AJ, Miz, Cena, etc...and I think she's pretty close to the reality of most casual fans...if any of them were headlining wrestle mania, she'd be on board. But she literally said last night, "Well, there's a match I can skip" when it looked like Harper was going to win and move onto WM in a predictable 3 way against Orton/Bray...and I guarantee she hopes Orton wins if that happens.

I get it, I'm a fan of the Wyatt's now...it took me a bit, but I'm on board...but I also get why casuals just don't care about them, and likely never will.

Hence...you get things like Brock/Goldberg sucking the spotlight...they look like legit stars...the Wyatt's simply do not.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 22, 2017 -> 07:54 AM)
To me this is shaping up to be a lot worse than last year cause they have a full roster. Waste Styles, waste Cena, waste Miz, Goldberg/Brock is the ME. At least adding Luke to Bray-Randy makes that semi interesting. Overall just bad.

That's true. Goldberg/Brock could tell a good story but Goldberg doing anything over 10 minutes could be bad. Don't understand the thinking of booking Cena and Styles the way they will. And you know Cena has final say in his match so he's partly to blame.

Y2HH I get why they're doing things, I don't want care to see it. I've been surprised how well people have responded to Greenberg and Orton and Bray but they have so I get it but I couldn't care less about any of it.

Edit: and bray is super over right now everywhere so I don't agree with you there. I couldn't care less about him these days but others absolutely do.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 22, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
Y2HH I get why they're doing things, I don't want care to see it. I've been surprised how well people have responded to Greenberg and Orton and Bray but they have so I get it but I couldn't care less about any of it.

Edit: and bray is super over right now everywhere so I don't agree with you there. I couldn't care less about him these days but others absolutely do.

Just so I understand, you couldn't care less?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
That's true. Goldberg/Brock could tell a good story but Goldberg doing anything over 10 minutes could be bad. Don't understand the thinking of booking Cena and Styles the way they will. And you know Cena has final say in his match so he's partly to blame.

I have no problem with Cena vs Miz for WM. Remember when we were all tired of seeing Super Cena in the title scene? Now he's not going into WM as the champ and people are still not happy. I get that him dropping the belt after 2 weeks is silly booking, but Cena vs Miz at WM itself isn't a bad match, especially if Cena puts Miz over, and Miz moves on to the title scene soon after. We're still 5 weeks away from WM, I expect the feud to heat up in next week's show. It should be some great promos between those 2.

Mixed tag matches always suck. Nobody would be complaining if it was Miz-Cena, that'd actually be pretty great. The build up will be fun but wasting those 2 in a mixed tag when they've been 2 of the best guys on the roster for the last however long is annoying.