**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 07:26 PM)
That Cena vs Miz promo was hot fire. f*** the haters miz deserves a high profile WM for his work on making smackdown what it is.

Facing Cena, even if a dumb mixed tag, is pretty high profile. I'd like to see him get a clean pin but I'm sure Nikki will pin Maryse.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)
Going to FastLane and actually kind of excited. I'm looking forward to Braun vs Reigns. Reports say their house show matches have been good and I thought the last segment last night was good.

Miz is so underappreciated. He's been good in almost everything they've asked him to do. He's going to be one of those guys you look back and remember as better than you thought he was at the time.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 4, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
The Hardy's beat the Young Bucks tonight for ROH tag titiles and claim they signed ROH contract. Obsolete delete pack mules.

Thought they were saving that for Mania weekend.

Saw Bully Ray also showed up.

RIP Raw.

Strowman took the first clean loss from Reigns, all that awesome buildup the last few months gets wasted by Super Roman.

Bayley ends Charlotte's historic streak in the PPV before Mania, LAME. And the match was pretty bad, I'm just not sold on Bayley yet, and the finish was extremely awkward.

Once again an awfully booked event (seems this happens every single PPV event).

Big problems:

1) Charlottes streak comes to an end.

a) why have her lose in this situation when she is the heel? It makes Bayley and Banks look absolutely like the heel instead of the babyfaces. I kind of understand where they are heading storyline wise, but if they wanted to do this so bad, have the referee DQ bayley so charlottes streak survives, but the title remains on bayley. It makes no sense to have the ref let the match continue only for bayley to win with the pin. Like, da f***?? SMH

b) The match was kind of a let down itself.

2) Strowman's lose to super Reigns

Don't really understand why they have strowman take a clean loss like this. If Reigns is heading to WM vs taker this would have been a perfect opportunity to have Taker mess with Reigns and cause him the match so he still remains strong, strow remains super strong, and taker/reigns is set up. Instead, strowman loses clean to reigns in another super reigns moment shoved down our throats. Not the worst booking of the night, but definitely a head scratcher.

3) Kevin owens vs. 'Berg

The worst booking of the night by far. I love the Jericho angle, that's cool and all. But to let an old, part-timer who can't go more than 3 minutes in the ring win the universal title like that is just a shame. Brutally buries every member of the raw roster instantly. Now we are set up for one of the worst mania main events since... well... Roman vs hhh.

I think the Bayley vs. Charlotte was the most easily fixable booking of the night. Just simply DQ bayley, same result, just keep the streak alive a bit longer and have a much better payoff.

Kevin owens vs. 'Berg, I understand based on the direction they are going, but man, this one just hurts the most.

Reigns, f*** Reigns.

I hope I can look half as good as Goldberg does when I'm 51.

Say what you want about him being champ but I agree his match with Brock needs the belt to mean anything.

I hated the 20 mins or so in the middle with Rusev and Jinder. The crowd had no clue why that was happening cuz we didn't see kickoff video but most of the crowd like it. Lana is unreal live.

I liked the tag match, Neville/Gallagher, Roman/Braun, and women's match. No taker, Brock, or Finn was disappointing but whatever. Not losing sleep over things.

Im massively excited for the raw womens championship match at wrestlemania, with that being said, the booking has been doing just about everything it could to try to make me NOT excited for it.

First, giving Bayley the championship way too early.

second, booking her like shes a heel (cheating to win)

third, exposing her wayyyy too much on the mic, simply un-needed.

fourth, any inclusion of nia jax into the mix.

fifth, the loss of charlottes PPV streak, prematurely

sixth, hopefully sasha does NOT turn heel this early. uneeded.

Sigh.

PWInsider has confirmed that Impact sent a fifteen-page cease and desist letter targeting Matt and Jeff Hardy, and perhaps others, demanding that they immediately stop using the gimmick.Impact is claiming, as earlier reports noted, that they own the intellectual properties created by Matt and Jeff due to their now-expired contracts and that they are not to use anything related to the Broken gimmick moving forward. ROH received letter prior to 15th Anniversary show tonight.

Edited by Soxfest