Good News---White Sox Still a resonable price

SCCWS

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
Go to Shinnicks before the game and get a beer. They'll give you a parking pass if you ask for it. It's a few blocks to walk to the stadium with an easy exit after the game.

Shinnicks is good. Pretty much any business will let you use a temp pass if you go there for a beer or burger or something. Also, it's a little bit of a walk but Michigan Ave. around 35th has free street parking. I've only done it maybe 3 or 4 times, but there are always spots

This. With a little bit of research and the acceptance of having to walk a bit more you can basically park for $10 or less. And as noted, for free. Buffalo Wings and Rings, various bars or restaurants, etc.

Now what is free? Buying a burger and beer for $15 isn't necessarily free.

But we have nothing to complain about. Also this was probably based on full priced tickets for this article. Let's be honest. If you want to go the game this upcoming Saturday you can probably sit 5 rows behind the dugout for $25-35. If you just want to get in? $3.

Or the ballpark pass...

I mean, for what it is I love the experience of going to Sox park. Easy in, easy out, many travel options. Tailgating, sit wherever you want to. etc.

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Wow, parking is FREE in Tampa.

That's one thing that often keeps me away from the Cell and Chicago in general - big parking fees. If there's one thing that really irritates me as a suburbanite, it's getting shaken down for a bunch of money the minute I open my car door to get out. It's ridiculous.

You're supposed to pay the attendants when you enter the lot, dude. ;)

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)

That's one thing that often keeps me away from the Cell and Chicago in general - big parking fees. If there's one thing that really irritates me as a suburbanite, it's getting shaken down for a bunch of money the minute I open my car door to get out. It's ridiculous.

That is wrong. I have been to Tampa games in April the last 5-6 years and they do not have free parking. They have some spots where a carload of 4 or more gets free. Typical parking at Rays games is $15-30. Prime games--Red Sox, Yankees cost more( $30)

Parking is free for every team if you park far enough away.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 07:42 AM)
Schaller's Pump. Park on that street in front of it. Have parked there with my family forever and have never gotten a ticker or towed. It's about 10-15 minute walk to the stadium.

Please just leave a spot for the locals who actually live across from Schallers...like me.

You won't get a ticket or towed because it's free for a 1 or 2 block stretch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
Yeah, give me the easy out of Lot B any day.

Lot B? I've had my worst parking experiences in that lot.

Any of the lots on the south side of the stadium are the way to go.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
Lot B? I've had my worst parking experiences in that lot.

Any of the lots on the south side of the stadium are the way to go.

Scratch that. I meant Lot A. Especially if you get there really early, it is a straight shot back on to the Ryan to Indiana. Yeah B sucks because they take you back through the neighborhood all of the way to 31st.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 04:56 PM)
Scratch that. I meant Lot A. Especially if you get there really early, it is a straight shot back on to the Ryan to Indiana. Yeah B sucks because they take you back through the neighborhood all of the way to 31st.

Ironically, White Sox are 16th in cost to attend a game and 16th in total salaries for 2016.