4/7 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
Charlotte @ Durham, 5:05 CT, Carroll starting

Birmingham @ Jacksonville, 6:05 CT, Danish starting

Winston-Salem @ Lynchburg, 5:30 CT, Adams starting

Hickory @ Kannapolis, 6:05 CT, Martinez starting

Scoreboard Link

oh man, i can't wait. i am glad i am off tomorrow. too bad thee is no video for tonite.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
Charlotte @ Durham, 5:05 CT, Carroll starting

Birmingham @ Jacksonville, 6:05 CT, Danish starting

Winston-Salem @ Lynchburg, 5:30 CT, Adams starting

Hickory @ Kannapolis, 6:05 CT, Martinez starting

Scoreboard Link

So Scott Carroll is the pitcher mirroring Mat Latos at AAA.

Omar Narvaez picked a guy off at first. Threw another guy out stealing.

Narvaez loves the back pick. Throws behind runners at first pretty regularly. I think he's got an interesting profile - not a starter most likely, but I think there's a chance he's an MLB backup C.

One of the things I thought was interesting for these opening days was, there are guys I was pretty sure were just org bench players who got starts:

--OF Hunter Jones not only starter for W-S, he led off.

--Gerson Montilla started at 3B, and batted third for them as well - in place of Ryan Leonards

--Louis Silverio, who has never played as a starter in the minors, started in LF over Landon Lassiter (who is a prospect, albeit a marginal one)

--Josh Richmond and Marcus Lemon both started for BHAM, leaving Keenyn Walker on the bench (well, maybe Walker really has fallen that far)

May not mean anything. Richmond hasn't played since 2014 so they may just have wanted to get him rolling. Maybe other guys are banged up a bit. But it will be interesting to watch the next few days.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
One of the things I thought was interesting for these opening days was, there are guys I was pretty sure were just org bench players who got starts:

--OF Hunter Jones not only starter for W-S, he led off.

--Gerson Montilla started at 3B, and batted third for them as well - in place of Ryan Leonards

--Louis Silverio, who has never played as a starter in the minors, started in LF over Landon Lassiter (who is a prospect, albeit a marginal one)

--Josh Richmond and Marcus Lemon both started for BHAM, leaving Keenyn Walker on the bench (well, maybe Walker really has fallen that far)

May not mean anything. Richmond hasn't played since 2014 so they may just have wanted to get him rolling. Maybe other guys are banged up a bit. But it will be interesting to watch the next few days.

very interesting, i never had the opportunity or maybe i never wanted to, but i really never was that hype on the system outside the top prospects.

you little post is a great, rude awakening of other posters who are not looking and believing in the hype the org spouts.