NCAA basketball thread 2016-17

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Indiana?

By the way, there's a really good article on the Hoosiers/State of IU basketball in the post-Knight years at ESPN by Eamon Brennan.

Finally, seems like Nebraska shocks people every other year now. When they were in the Big 8, they never did anything. I only remember Tyronn Lue (Raytown/KC) and Andre Woolridge (eventually transferred to Iowa) being their big name players over like a 20-30 year time period. And Danny Nee was a punk.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)
Nebraska is fun to watch. Glynn Watson maybe the best PG in the Big10.

That was a fun game yesterday (despite Iowa losing). Refs were calling way too many fouls (on both sides) though. Jok and Watson were fun to watch.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 12:26 PM)
That was a fun game yesterday (despite Iowa losing). Refs were calling way too many fouls (on both sides) though. Jok and Watson were fun to watch.

Nebraska is deceptively athletic. I could see them being a Cinderella Sweet 16 type team if they get in, which they will barring a collapse

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 10:09 AM)
Yep. My team is dead in the water.

I really love Matta, and he deserves the right to go out on his own terms...but this just sucks. There was a point late in the game last night when it was close, and Trevor Thompson missed a bunny to get it even closer, and then made a stupid foul immediately after. The look on Matta's face said it all.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)
I really love Matta, and he deserves the right to go out on his own terms...but this just sucks. There was a point late in the game last night when it was close, and Trevor Thompson missed a bunny to get it even closer, and then made a stupid foul immediately after. The look on Matta's face said it all.

You simply cannot miss on 5 of 6 recruiting classes and keep your job.