NCAA basketball thread 2016-17

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
And they're stinking it up against IUPUI. #Groced

Frankly I'm amazed he was able to get Tilmon to sign. He's been terrible at developing big guys. Mav and Thorne are truly awful. Softest bigs in the entire conference.

A win is a win...

Thorne can't be pinned on Groce. I'd say most of his softness at the moment can be chalked up to being tentative after the injury last year. Mav has really improved offensively, but man he's bad defensively. I've been really impressed with Black over the last three games.

Regardless of that, this Illinois team needs JCL to be a legit second scoring option on a nightly basis. If he can't fill the hole from the Nunn departure, then this team is going to have a really low ceiling in B1G play.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
And they're stinking it up against IUPUI. #Groced

Frankly I'm amazed he was able to get Tilmon to sign. He's been terrible at developing big guys. Mav and Thorne are truly awful. Softest bigs in the entire conference.

Mark Donnal says Hi

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the last few minutes and while ND was trying to get cheap calls, you can tell he was going to shake hands until they tried to steal the ball and that made him pull his team off the floor before the shake. Bush League.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
I saw the last few minutes and while ND was trying to get cheap calls, you can tell he was going to shake hands until they tried to steal the ball and that made him pull his team off the floor before the shake. Bush League.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Not bush league. Probably should have shaken hands, but how ND conducted itself the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game, that was bush league.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Not bush league. Probably should have shaken hands, but how ND conducted itself the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game, that was bush league.

I think Fran addressing the coach in the handshake line would have been the appropriate reaction. Walking off the floor in that manner is poor sportsmanship, which is what he is protesting.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 07:45 PM)
Grayson Allen trips another player and throws a hissy fit on the bench. In other news, water is wet.

Dude needs to be suspended. Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg absolutely grilled him at halftime of the UK/UL game

Watching ESPN absolutely shred a Duke player like that (and coach K a bit too), never seen anything like it.

I know Illinois basketball fans are pretty down right now too but honestly feels like Missouri basketball has been destroyed in a way that is hard to come back from. Three straight years of nearly all sophomore/juniors transferring away after season. It's like what happened to kU football post Mangino.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
I know Illinois basketball fans are pretty down right now too but honestly feels like Missouri basketball has been destroyed in a way that is hard to come back from. Three straight years of nearly all sophomore/juniors transferring away after season. It's like what happened to kU football post Mangino.

Missouri is BAD. They're gonna get killed in the SEC this year.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
Illinois needs to offer Mark Smith right now and I think he'd commit

Having watched him a few times now, he's a legit high 4 star and would be best player in Illinois class I think. Have no idea where he's been the last 3 year. Unreal Groce hasn't been in to see him so they haven't offered.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
Having watched him a few times now, he's a legit high 4 star and would be best player in Illinois class I think. Have no idea where he's been the last 3 year. Unreal Groce hasn't been in to see him so they haven't offered.

Parham was at the game yesterday and Groce and Ford were there today.

Saw a tweet that a guy caught Groce said wow after Smith put a dude on a poster for an and 1

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 10:46 PM)
Great win for Illinois and they offer Mark Smith while he was in attendance. Rumors on the boards are that he loves Illinois and the incoming class and that he could commit soon....

IllinoisLoyalty? They mod out the negative stuff on those threads.

So glad we got that win last night, though.