4/8 game thread WHITE SOX HOME OPENER vs Cleveland

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
I think Chitown just wanted to stir the pot..

Ha, larry on SSS said it was bad and they'd probably have to cancel and he's usually spot on. Then I read Alexeis post and just chimed in on the s***ter before I washed up and went to work :D

I hope they play!

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
They aren't cancelling the game, too close to game time and it's not that bad.

I heard them interview Bossard on WBBM radio about a half hour ago, he thinks they might have a delay or two. It's on.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
I heard them interview Bossard on WBBM radio about a half hour ago, he thinks they might have a delay or two. It's on.

I have a perfect 515-615 window where I can watch... delays could make that vanish

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
Uribe's totally going deep today, it's inevitable. Hopefully the Sox are up 8 runs when it happens. PROFUNDO!

It is okay, Uribe is going to be this years Geoff Blum. We'll pick him up and he'll hit a HR for the Sox that matters in the end!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Does that "delete" feature work only for a single game, or could it be used for a longer stretch of games, like 107 years worth?

I think you just have to hold Shift and you can select multiple.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
Uribe's totally going deep today, it's inevitable. Hopefully the Sox are up 8 runs when it happens. PROFUNDO!

Sox need to not swing at pitch 1 or 2. Salazar will either have 14ks or 6 walks today.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
That's what I said about half an hour ago in Elgin, then came the sleet.

And now the heavens have opened and it's near whiteout conditions with sheets of sleet/snow.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
And now the heavens have opened and it's near whiteout conditions with sheets of sleet/snow.

Yikes. I remember very clearly playing an early spring game my freshman year (was on varsity, big fish small pond) and I was playing CF in sleet in a game we were getting crushed. I was doing jumping jacks in between pitches to try and keep warm. As hard as it is for the fans, it's worse the players. IMO baseball is not a cold weather sport. Below 55 and your body just doesn't respond to the motions. I can hardly even imagine getting jammed with a wood bat on a 94 mph heater.

No wonder they use all that fancy anti-vibration stuff now on all the handles.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
2 hour shift? What do you do?

own my own business :D. Got my deputy coming in to take over. Took me a long ass time to get to the point where I could afford to take somewhat of a step back once and awhile. Been at it for 5 years now.