Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

4/8 game thread WHITE SOX HOME OPENER vs Cleveland

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
I think Chitown just wanted to stir the pot..

Ha, larry on SSS said it was bad and they'd probably have to cancel and he's usually spot on. Then I read Alexeis post and just chimed in on the s***ter before I washed up and went to work :D

I hope they play!

I woke up sick as f*** yesterday so I had to give my ticket away for today, bring home a winner whoever is going!

They aren't cancelling the game, too close to game time and it's not that bad.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
They aren't cancelling the game, too close to game time and it's not that bad.

I heard them interview Bossard on WBBM radio about a half hour ago, he thinks they might have a delay or two. It's on.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 41m41 minutes ago

#WhiteSox for 4/8: Eaton 9, Rollins 6, Abreu 3, Frazier 5, Cabrera 7, Garcia DH, Lawrie 4, Avila 2, Jackson 8. Danks 1.

Uribe's totally going deep today, it's inevitable. Hopefully the Sox are up 8 runs when it happens. PROFUNDO!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
I heard them interview Bossard on WBBM radio about a half hour ago, he thinks they might have a delay or two. It's on.

I have a perfect 515-615 window where I can watch... delays could make that vanish

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
Uribe's totally going deep today, it's inevitable. Hopefully the Sox are up 8 runs when it happens. PROFUNDO!

It is okay, Uribe is going to be this years Geoff Blum. We'll pick him up and he'll hit a HR for the Sox that matters in the end!

I heard they're going to delete the game.

Does that "delete" feature work only for a single game, or could it be used for a longer stretch of games, like 107 years worth?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Does that "delete" feature work only for a single game, or could it be used for a longer stretch of games, like 107 years worth?

I think you just have to hold Shift and you can select multiple.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
It's actually relatively nice out right now.

That's what I said about half an hour ago in Elgin, then came the sleet.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
There isn't. Danks, at his best, is going to be the 4th best starter on the team and no 4th starter is worth a QO.

And Carson Fulmer.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)

Sox need to not swing at pitch 1 or 2. Salazar will either have 14ks or 6 walks today.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
That's what I said about half an hour ago in Elgin, then came the sleet.

And now the heavens have opened and it's near whiteout conditions with sheets of sleet/snow.

heavy snow now in hoffman....just after 1pm. but don't worry..."it never rains at the ballpark"

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
Leaving work here after a massive 2 hour shift on a friday morning to hit the gym then watch the game. Let's go sox!

2 hour shift? What do you do?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
And now the heavens have opened and it's near whiteout conditions with sheets of sleet/snow.

Yikes. I remember very clearly playing an early spring game my freshman year (was on varsity, big fish small pond) and I was playing CF in sleet in a game we were getting crushed. I was doing jumping jacks in between pitches to try and keep warm. As hard as it is for the fans, it's worse the players. IMO baseball is not a cold weather sport. Below 55 and your body just doesn't respond to the motions. I can hardly even imagine getting jammed with a wood bat on a 94 mph heater.

No wonder they use all that fancy anti-vibration stuff now on all the handles.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
2 hour shift? What do you do?

own my own business :D. Got my deputy coming in to take over. Took me a long ass time to get to the point where I could afford to take somewhat of a step back once and awhile. Been at it for 5 years now.