4/8 game thread WHITE SOX HOME OPENER vs Cleveland

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
They don't have to wait until next year. There are two good replacements sitting in the minors

Sox are not going to pay him to work out of the pen, we are stuck with him this year. Thank god he is gone after is year.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Why is everyone s***ting on Danks? He should be out of the inning with only 1 earned run, the defense screwed him there.

This. Also take away the walk on the horrible ball four call by the umpire and the inning is completely different.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
He did something similarly dumb in Arizona a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't follow ST as close this season. Just a dumb mistake that cost us 2 more runs than they should've gotten. With how the sox have been lately I fully expect a 6-0 loss today lol

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Am I going to be the one to say it?

For some reason I don't think we will be coming back from this one

Spotting Salazar 3 runs? Ya, I'd say that's where the smart money is gonna be

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
People seriously were wondering why fans wanted to wait until tomorrow to go instead of Opening Day? Im not paying big money to see John Danks suck.

I don't think anyone was wondering. They may be wondering what you are thinking when you look at the attendance figures for both games. This one sold out.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Why is everyone s***ting on Danks? He should be out of the inning with only 1 earned run, the defense screwed him there.

Ok, let's play this game of taking blame off Danks. Outside influences played a part, yes. Let's see how he does from this point forward. Danks cannot give up ANY more runs. Have to keep it at 3 runs

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
I didn't follow ST as close this season. Just a dumb mistake that cost us 2 more runs than they should've gotten. With how the sox have been lately I fully expect a 6-0 loss today lol

With Salazar pitching and the cold weather, overcoming the 3-0 deficit will not be easy.