I love this team! SOX WIN!!!!!

Steve9347

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 04:52 PM)
Who decides whether or not a game is delayed? I can see if they didn't open to let it thaw.

Any thoughts on the new video boards?

I think the Sox can delay it. I don't think it is the umpires call until they get the line up card or it is a last visit.

The new boards are spectacular. The only problem is the pitch speed. It flashes so fast, if you are watching the game you can't see it before it disappears. I am sure that will be fixed.

In the sun today was chilly but I have been in a lot worse. Those in the shade had to be shivering.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
I think the Sox can delay it. I don't think it is the umpires call until they get the line up card or it is a last visit.

The new boards are spectacular. The only problem is the pitch speed. It flashes so fast, if you are watching the game you can't see it before it disappears. I am sure that will be fixed.

In the sun today was chilly but I have been in a lot worse. Those in the shade had to be shivering.

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately the Sox aren't in town next time I am.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)
Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately the Sox aren't in town next time I am.

BTW there was a crack in the left corner of the big board today's apparently Trvor Bauer was flying his drone and crashed into it. I hope they stick him with the bill and not the taxpayers.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
Judging by the forecast, I'd be shocked to see them get the game in tomorrow.

Monday in Minneapolis is going to be freezing too. They could definitely move that to Tuesday if they wanted. Luckily Wednesday and Thursday look much warmer in Minnesota...and dry.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 04:42 PM)
What happened if you don't mind me asking?

It was awful in general. I arrived at about 12:15. There were lines outside the stadium up until past first pitch. They shut down the Upper Deck because of ice but they didn't let anyone in the stadium until about 12:45. I didn't get inside until the 2nd inning. It was just really s***ty planning. Then the food and drink lines were horrendous and the workers just took forever. It was absolutely the worst experience I've ever had a Sox game. It's never like that. I did get a voucher for any April/May home game though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
It was awful in general. I arrived at about 12:15. There were lines outside the stadium up until past first pitch. They shut down the Upper Deck because of ice but they didn't let anyone in the stadium until about 12:45. I didn't get inside until the 2nd inning. It was just really s***ty planning. Then the food and drink lines were horrendous and the workers just took forever. It was absolutely the worst experience I've ever had a Sox game. It's never like that. I did get a voucher for any April/May home game though.

Yes, this was how I felt as well, and was general consensus in the bleachers around us.

And I was super pumped for this game, and it was a great game! I saw more runs scored in this game by the sox than if you combined the amount of runs scored I saw in the 6 games I saw them from April - June last year (where 2 runs was the highest scoring game I saw). The weather in the sun was actually great. Everything that the sox couldn't control was fine. Everything they could was a nightmare.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
Yes, this was how I felt as well, and was general consensus in the bleachers around us.

And I was super pumped for this game, and it was a great game! I saw more runs scored in this game by the sox than if you combined the amount of runs scored I saw in the 6 games I saw them from April - June last year (where 2 runs was the highest scoring game I saw). The weather in the sun was actually great. Everything that the sox couldn't control was fine. Everything they could was a nightmare.

Seems like they should just delayed the start 30 minutes as soon as they knew they had a snow problem and a closed upper deck. Would that have helped?

Kudos to those that went and saw a winner didnt look too bad in the sun but must have been brutal in the shade.

Yes, delaying game time would have helped. Also - re allocating the workers who would have done concessions on upper deck and opened up all concessions on lower level. There were huge obnoxious choke points. We had outfield seats, I had to walk all the way to the covered concourse for a polish, and because so little was availble it was backed up to the wall so you couldn't walk, completely packed with people. To go to the ATM and stand in line for food I missed 1.5 innings.

It shouldn't be so hard to pay $6 for a hot dog. After waiting in line for 40 minutes to get into the place, last thing I wanted to do was get in line for another 25. I should have left that game being pumped for sox baseball but I mostly left it wondering if I really wanted to see another game until July.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)

This is pretty much what I experienced as well, except I arrived at 11:45.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
It totally sucks that the situation was that bad, but it really needs to get warmer. The fan experience has always been awful in the cold :(

Good win. Give me 5 and 2 as the record after two series.

Lots of guys still are gonna get their sticks going.

Lawrie

Frazier

Rollins

Melky

Garcia

The later of that crew look like they might be turning a corner. The first couple will get more consistent but still have had key contributions.

I'm digging it but we've still got a lot of room for improvement. Sure up the base running, the defense, and some of the sloppy at bats, and hope the Danks / Latos end of our rotation can keep us in more games than not... Then it's time to f***ing roll.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
Yes, delaying game time would have helped. Also - re allocating the workers who would have done concessions on upper deck and opened up all concessions on lower level. There were huge obnoxious choke points. We had outfield seats, I had to walk all the way to the covered concourse for a polish, and because so little was availble it was backed up to the wall so you couldn't walk, completely packed with people. To go to the ATM and stand in line for food I missed 1.5 innings.

It shouldn't be so hard to pay $6 for a hot dog. After waiting in line for 40 minutes to get into the place, last thing I wanted to do was get in line for another 25. I should have left that game being pumped for sox baseball but I mostly left it wondering if I really wanted to see another game until July.

I can't believe I'll finally pop my cherry and it's to post a complaint after this teams start.

I've been a season ticket holder for almost 25 years and have attended 24 of the last 25 openers. I understand some quirks to be worked out and that large of a crowd, but service was horrible (off the charts bad on an opening day). I have Stadium Club access and noticed the shirts on the staff were different. When did Northern Delaware gain the concession contract? The staff was very apologetic and said it was a new management company and almost all new staff. They didn't do a "soft" opening and had no training. Food was cold (and awful), beer was warm, credit card machines didn't work and it was beyond awful. Vendors in the stands seemed normal, but when I left the seats to visit a concession stand I noticed the same Northern Delaware logos and again the service was incredibly slow. I've only attended about 10 games the last two years and maybe the contract has changed hands during that period, but it sure seems Delaware North is a last minute change or clueless. My ticket rep, who I'm tight with, actually knew I was there and was going to meet us at the seats and said they couldn't make it down and wanted to know about my service in the Club and concessions so there must have been numerous complaints.

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
I can't believe I'll finally pop my cherry and it's to post a complaint after this teams start.

I've been a season ticket holder for almost 25 years and have attended 24 of the last 25 openers. I understand some quirks to be worked out and that large of a crowd, but service was horrible (off the charts bad on an opening day). I have Stadium Club access and noticed the shirts on the staff were different. When did Northern Delaware gain the concession contract? The staff was very apologetic and said it was a new management company and almost all new staff. They didn't do a "soft" opening and had no training. Food was cold (and awful), beer was warm, credit card machines didn't work and it was beyond awful. Vendors in the stands seemed normal, but when I left the seats to visit a concession stand I noticed the same Northern Delaware logos and again the service was incredibly slow. I've only attended about 10 games the last two years and maybe the contract has changed hands during that period, but it sure seems Delaware North is a last minute change or clueless. My ticket rep, who I'm tight with, actually knew I was there and was going to meet us at the seats and said they couldn't make it down and wanted to know about my service in the Club and concessions so there must have been numerous complaints.

Jeez, isn't this the sort of logistical competence JR always prides himself on? Seems like this could have been avoided.

The fan experience today was definitely awful. Between the lines for concessions and just to get in, I missed about a third of the game. The hats and ticket vouchers were really cool, though.

Also, that drone crashed in just about the perfect spot. It was on the black outline above the stats and to the left, so unless you were actually looking for the broken portion and had good vision, you weren't going to see it.

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Apr 10, 2016 -> 02:09 AM)

Sounds like the new company reeks. Keep us posted.

As far as the game, I'm always happy when Avi does well and shows signs. He's an easy guy to hate because of his productivity, but he has his moments and keeps u hoping. I love his reaction to the homer. He seems like he enjoys playing the game, yet he's perilously close to being a Viciedo. I hope he makes it. He seems like a team player and likeable guy. If he's known as the biggest prick in the world and I'm mistaken let me know.