I love this team! SOX WIN!!!!!

Steve9347

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 10, 2016 -> 01:05 AM)
Yes, delaying game time would have helped. Also - re allocating the workers who would have done concessions on upper deck and opened up all concessions on lower level. There were huge obnoxious choke points. We had outfield seats, I had to walk all the way to the covered concourse for a polish, and because so little was availble it was backed up to the wall so you couldn't walk, completely packed with people. To go to the ATM and stand in line for food I missed 1.5 innings.

It shouldn't be so hard to pay $6 for a hot dog. After waiting in line for 40 minutes to get into the place, last thing I wanted to do was get in line for another 25. I should have left that game being pumped for sox baseball but I mostly left it wondering if I really wanted to see another game until July.

Sounds horrible. Hot dogs should be 5 dollars, not six. Anybody paying cash is probably giving them a 10 or 20. Hope the Sox get their act together; sounds like they hired a bad concession company.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
BTW there was a crack in the left corner of the big board today's apparently Trvor Bauer was flying his drone and crashed into it. I hope they stick him with the bill and not the taxpayers.

Where did you hear that? That's so annoying

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
I can't believe I'll finally pop my cherry and it's to post a complaint after this teams start.

I've been a season ticket holder for almost 25 years and have attended 24 of the last 25 openers. I understand some quirks to be worked out and that large of a crowd, but service was horrible (off the charts bad on an opening day). I have Stadium Club access and noticed the shirts on the staff were different. When did Northern Delaware gain the concession contract? The staff was very apologetic and said it was a new management company and almost all new staff. They didn't do a "soft" opening and had no training. Food was cold (and awful), beer was warm, credit card machines didn't work and it was beyond awful. Vendors in the stands seemed normal, but when I left the seats to visit a concession stand I noticed the same Northern Delaware logos and again the service was incredibly slow. I've only attended about 10 games the last two years and maybe the contract has changed hands during that period, but it sure seems Delaware North is a last minute change or clueless. My ticket rep, who I'm tight with, actually knew I was there and was going to meet us at the seats and said they couldn't make it down and wanted to know about my service in the Club and concessions so there must have been numerous complaints.

Thank you for this post, explains a lot. I have reached out to the sox reps we have and, in the survey sent separate from that, let them have it.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)

that's a pretty solid baseball swing. having his hands exactly where they are now has has made a huge difference for him. you can see his hands are almost level with his swing plane this season. last season i'm pretty sure his hands were up high, which he then dipped down and THEN back up into the swing. too much wasted motion. now, his hands are down and he just moves them up and into his swing. he may lose a little power, but he's giving himself more time to see pitches coming into the plate by shortening up the swing.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)
To be fair, almost EVERY April (especially if there's been a comeback win of any kind) people say stuff like "this is the type of game the Sox lost last year. This team has some fight! This feels different!" Small sample size theatre!

except last year, because their asses got swept right off the bat and it didnt get much better