WINNER WINNER WINNER

BaconOnAStick

well this is a nice change. Offense is going to be mediocre all year most likely but if the pitching and defense is this good, well, team might do something. Key will be making sure the offense is at least mediocre because the defense and pitching is legit it seems.

Also, great baserunning today. Good job.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

The White Sox need to feed on the Twins. I get the feeling the Rays and Angels series will be a lot more challenging.

The Angels really aren't that good anymore (watch us get swept), but the Rays are the first real opponent the Sox will have this year.

Edited by Alexeihyeess

Matt Albers is the new Wade Davis:

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 53m53 minutes ago

Matt Albers is a scoreless machine. 27.1 innings in a row, longest active streak in the majors. Dates back to last August.

Wade Davis does not have Alber's athleticism, as displayed by the double play turned today.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 06:30 PM)
The White Sox need to feed on the Twins. I get the feeling the Rays and Angels series will be a lot more challenging.

Don't look now, but they are both bad so far this season

Just finished the game after working late today. Awesome win in Minny which we rarely do. Great to win there right off the bat after going 2-8 there last season and beating a guy who owned us.

Lots of good and productive ABs today. Melky seems to be heating up some. Good ABs in the outs he made.

Lawrie getting a couple of hits is nice including the RBI up the middle.

Avi not a great game but had a great AB in his walk.

Frazier had a huge double in the 9th. Always great to get the insurance runs. Make teams pay for walks let alone lead off walks. He is gona pay big dividends to Abreu.

Loving me some AJax right now. Good ABs and defense. Man that's the closest non-home run I've seen and still got the fastball and took it up the middle.

Feels great to get see Quintana pitch well and get the win! Yay for wins and not a no decision.

Finally Duke got an out.

Albers is simply fantastic right now. Great DP he turned.

Jones and Robo locking it down.

Great win today! Solid defense and base running. Melk sure is an adventure out there but I love him.

Anyways my two cents.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)

Absolutely. But it all starts within the division. 2-1 start is nice for this team. I seen this schedule and thought we should start fast. So far so good. The rotation is like a finely tuned machine to start. They're playing with energy and playing well save for the Indians opener.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)
Sole possession of first place!

It's Medlen vs Fiers in Houston tomorrow... so who knows if we move back into a tie or what.

I said this last year but I'm not impressed with the Royals rotation. It is nice to see Young getting shelled today, I hope that becomes a trend with him, Medlen, and Kennedy.