IMG Football

https://www.imgacademy.com/sports/football/...CFQqKaQodzukBYA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2576842...otball-team-img

Just south of Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida, lies a city called Bradenton. It's home to IMG Academy, a private boarding school that also serves as an offseason training facility for some of the top professional athletes, including Cam Newton, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Dez Bryant and Andrew McCutchen, to name a few.

The academic institution began its high school football program just three years ago. This season, the IMG Ascenders boast the most talented roster in the nation. Six of the top 100 seniors in the country are on the roster, including players from 21 states and six countries. While tuition is high ($70,800), financial assistance is available from lowered tuition to competition fees ($3,750 to $4,500) or a full ride, according to Jere Longman of the New York Times.

A player that would be on my golf team is currently attending a similar program for golfers.

The IMG football team plays a schedule that includes travel all over the country, except Texas. The Texas coaches have loosely banned together and are not scheduling IMG because they believe it will destroy the foundation of high school sports, you play for "your" school, in your hometown. Of course the Texas coaches themselves travel across the nation for games. How many here flew to games while in high school? Hell, my college team only flew to nationals, we drove everywhere else.

So what about it? Bishop Gorman is another one like IMG. There will be a few more popping up. Kids on teams like IMG are very heavily recruited in only one trip to their school. Entire teams have been given offers.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 06:11 AM)

A player that would be on my golf team is currently attending a similar program for golfers.

The IMG football team plays a schedule that includes travel all over the country, except Texas. The Texas coaches have loosely banned together and are not scheduling IMG because they believe it will destroy the foundation of high school sports, you play for "your" school, in your hometown. Of course the Texas coaches themselves travel across the nation for games. How many here flew to games while in high school? Hell, my college team only flew to nationals, we drove everywhere else.

There are a lot of these prep schools already in basketball.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 06:11 AM)

Pfft, they can bring that all star team down here to Katy and get their ass whooped

QUOTE (TRU @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Pfft, they can bring that all star team down here to Katy and get their ass whooped

The Katy coach is one that is leading the coaches to not schedule those programs. But, yeah, it would be interesting.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 06:22 PM)
Eh, those all star football teams win repeated national titles, they are very very good.

No doubt the all star teams are very, very, good. But Katy may be the best public high school team in the nation. By the way they just broke ground on their new $61,000,000.00 12,000 seat stadium.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)
No doubt the all star teams are very, very, good. But Katy may be the best public high school team in the nation. By the way they just broke ground on their new $61,000,000.00 12,000 seat stadium.

Bishop Gorman is real good.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)

I gotta drive by that thing on my lunch break every day, its gonna be massive

They just announced the cost has risen another $4.1 million. IIRC this will be a $65,000,000 high school stadium. The schools in Dallas just met with Time Warner and the UIL (State governing agency for HS sports in Texas) about revenues from TV games. Currently Thursday and Saturday games are televised along with playoffs. It is starting to look like there is some money to be made for Friday night games which may pave way to televise those as well. Lots of tradition could fall over money.