AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
The Rays offense is only slightly better than the Twins right now.

I'm expecting Sale to DOMINATE tomorrow.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I think Sale knows he hasn't been his best so far and gets real nasty tomorrow. It's motivation for him to see guys like Latos dominate and realize he needs to pick up the slack a little. This team is very fun right now, hope it never ends.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
Good ol smoke and mirrors show so far. He did get the fastball up to around 92 today, so that's really encouraging.

He's obviously not going to keep his ERA under 1, but I don't think he's a ticking time bomb either. His offspeed stuff has been working great, and his control has been pretty solid. If he pitches the way he has the first two starts, he should be fine as a 4th starter.

So its:

Sale v. Odorizzi?

Danks v. Ramirez

Q v. Moore

I don't know. Maybe it's all those bad years in my brain still. Cause I analyzed Hughes and Santana going into this series the same way and was scared to walk away with 2 wins.

No Archer, but still tough matchups. I'd hope for Sale or Q win and then one game where it's tied going into the 7th where we win it.

I'll say 2 of 3.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
Yea he actually had good stuff today. If he can keep this velocity it's not fools gold IMO.

Agreed, nothing I would love more than Latos pitches amazingly this year and the sox lock him up to a deal similar to Kazmirs with oakland or we collect a pick in '17's draft.

Sale

Latos

Q

Fulmer

Rodon

yeah seems good...

Just caught the post game show and watched the highlights from today. Have to say it's pretty hard to find fault with the way things have started. Hitting is still iffy but I think that's still because the weather hasn't been great temperature wise.

Pitching has been superb but to me the biggest improvement has been defensively. They just haven't been making stupid plays on batted balls, they are catching what they can and not making a lot of mistakes.

If you can pitch the ball and catch the ball you'll win a lot of games.

I may have to figure out a way to get home this summer if this keeps up!

Congrats to everyone on the start...keep it going!

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
Just caught the post game show and watched the highlights from today. Have to say it's pretty hard to find fault with the way things have started. Hitting is still iffy but I think that's still because the weather hasn't been great temperature wise.

Pitching has been superb but to me the biggest improvement has been defensively. They just haven't been making stupid plays on batted balls, they are catching what they can and not making a lot of mistakes.

Mark

Agreed. Among the many frustrating things to start the season last year is it felt like we had 2 errors a game at least.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)

Mark

They even successfully did a run down today with 1 throw! That didn't always happen last year...

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
I know this is going to sound stupid, but I think Sale knows he hasn't been his best so far and gets real nasty tomorrow. It's motivation for him to see guys like Latos dominate and realize he needs to pick up the slack a little. This team is very fun right now, hope it never ends.

I 100% agree.

To be honest, he's been the worst starter this year other than Danks and yet he hasn't been too bad himself. But that'll change tomorrow.

When he has something meaningful to pitch for, Sale is incredible. Tomorrow is especially important since Danks is pitching the day after. I'm guessing he'll throw 7 or 8 scoreless innings with 12 K's.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
There just isn't enough data to go on yet without playing more than 10 games this year, so they have to beat the teams that are on the schedule. They've done just that, you can't ask for much more. It's a great foundation to build on, and we all talked about it in the off-season. With the new characters in the clubhouse, getting off to a hot start and hopefully having it snowball was vital.

Yep.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
We've scored the second most runs in the division. The bats are coming along albeit slowly.

Well that sure is a surprise. We'll see a lot more offense soon, lots of guys still getting on track. Confident it'll happen... Soon.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
Well that sure is a surprise. We'll see a lot more offense soon, lots of guys still getting on track. Confident it'll happen... Soon.

3 runs off 9 hits today, Frazier had a hit and an RBI taken away by Escobar, Kepler stole an XBH from Navarro, Frazier had a bloop taken away. Twins saved about 3 runs today and took away multiple hits. The bats are coming. Maybe in a dome against TB they'll bust out. They're gona put up a double digit outing really soon. Eaton is on fire, Abreu is doing fine and his power is coming soon as he'll go on a tear, Melky is heating up quickly as is Lawrie. Avi is even swinging it better and for power. The others aren't far behind. AJax is off to a decent start with the bat. Navarro is fine and will get hot. Rollins has been ok.

It's coming...get ready