4/15 Game thread: @ Tampa Bay, 6:10pm, CSN+/WLS

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 07:12 AM)
Let's go!

It's very comforting knowing that the WORST record the Sox could have at the end of this roadtrip is 7-5.

I'll be pissed as s*** if we get swept by the Rays while starting Sale and Q and missing Archer.

Take 2 out of 3.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 08:05 AM)
I'll be pissed as s*** if we get swept by the Rays while starting Sale and Q and missing Archer.

Take 2 out of 3.

I think they'll win today and Sunday with Sale and Q and lose on Saturday with Danks.

Still, 9-3 after 12 games is very impressive. Especially considering that 10 of those games came on the road.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 08:05 AM)

Take 2 out of 3.

I don't see this team getting swept right now, especially against the hapless Rays.

All these comments show what a sad state the team has been in the last few years. We start 7-2 and the first page of the thread is littered with concerns of being swept by the awful Rays in a 3 game series with Sale and Q starting 2 of the games. I hope we sweep them.

Not to bore anybody with my fantasy baseball talk, but I have both on my team, so I am hoping for a 3-0 CG from Sale Sox win. With those 3 runs coming in the 8th and 9th after Odorizzi.

All seriousness. Odorizzi can strike out a ton of guys. Key to tonight will be working the count. If we can get 1-2 runs over 6 innings and get him to exit after 6? I call it a win. I'm calling a 3-1 Sox win tonight.

Also LOVE starting on the road. LOVE IT. I used to hate it as a fan and wanting them at home. But these guys are accustom to being on the road out of ST. Starting at home doesn't really do any good. They aren't settled. Loved the West Coast start.

Now they come home Monday with some great weather on tap. Basically has them into the clear for the season moving forward cold weather wise.

QUOTE (wuk @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
screw that...let's sweep 'em and come home to some big f'ing crowds!!!

I really hope there are some good crowds at the stadium when they get back next week. Fans need to show up and let the team feed off their excitement. Thinking I'm going to try for atleast 2 games in the next homestand, maybe 3.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
It would be awesome as hell if the Sox swept this series too.

All I know is that the fans need to come out and support this team. I know I will whenever possible.

I'm usually good for about 10-15 games. Even with a normal job now and no desire to go to weekday games, I still plan on going to around 15.