4/16 Game thread: @ Tampa Bay, 5:10pm, WGN/WLS

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 12:25 AM)
This team needs a jugs machine to just pump 95 mph fastballs inside to them for a couple hours. I've never seen a team that's worse at trying to hit fastballs.

Problem is it's been 91-92 that they have seen that they can't hit so far this year. Haven't exactly faced guys with great stuff.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 06:19 PM)
I just hope Danks isn't pitching on Friday against Texas. That's my birthday game. And I don't know who those of you saying to get a bat are actually seeking...it's too early.

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
It's my birthday game today :(

All Hail John Danks, Second of his name, ruiner of Birthdays, Protector of the Realm.

Happy birthday, guys

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
It's my birthday game today :(

Sorry that is the case. The ump missed two pitches but I wouldn't say that they were what lead to the runs. Danks is just not good and hasn't been how he was since his major surgery. It's too bad that we have to watch him every fifth day and it's also too bad the offense doesn't hit for Quintana, but it is what it is.

I would really like to see Frazier go on a tear though. Hopefully he wasn't just feasting on weak NL pitching all of those years in Cincinnati.

Honestly, it's easy to consistently blame Danks, but if he gives up 4 through 5 or 6 today, you can't really ask for more out of your 5th starter. This offense really needs to get going, it's looking really s***ty once again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 06:27 PM)
Problem is it's been 91-92 that they have seen that they can't hit so far this year. Haven't exactly faced guys with great stuff.

Gray? Salazar? Odorizzi? Not like they are seeing bums every game

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
Why are they taking Ramirez out after only 66 pitches

Had a pich limit. But its stupid. Let him finish the inning and get the quality start...

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
We aren't gonna win em all guys haha. Couple terrible strike ball calls, couple great plays by tampa in the field. On to tomorrow by the looks of it

Would be nice to win as consistently as the Cubs do over the course of the season to keep things interesting on both sides of town though.

More importantly, it would be nice to make the playoffs for the first time in eight years.

Edited by MuckFinnesota

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
Odorizzi wasn't overpowering though. Salazar best stuff easily they have seen.

Odorizzi has been one of the best pitchers in baseball thus far.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
I was expecting to lose this game just because Danks was pitching, but this lack of offense is concerning.

Cant we ever just tip our cap when a pitcher throws well against us? I mean ramirez had a really nice game

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
Cant we ever just tip our cap when a pitcher throws well against us? I mean ramirez had a really nice game

People are less willing to do that when it happens game after game. I haven't seen a ton of games this year but it definitely seems like the offense hasn't been very good so far. That said it's only been (almost)11 games so far so we still have no clue what we actually have.