The Bathroom Dilemma

cabiness42

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
Well, in this situation at least there is a scenario in which there could be inappropriate behavior (little girl could see a male body part in the women's room; kind of scary for the little kid). Most of the protection of little Johnny and Jane in society are situations in where there is no situation set up for inappropriate behavior, just the parents coddling their little preciouses.

Single dad brings 6 year old daughter into the men's room at a Sox game. Is that a problem?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Well, in this situation at least there is a scenario in which there could be inappropriate behavior (little girl could see a male body part in the women's room; kind of scary for the little kid). Most of the protection of little Johnny and Jane in society are situations in where there is no situation set up for inappropriate behavior, just the parents coddling their little preciouses.

Why isn't the situation where a male could do something inappropriate to another male talked about? That is actually more likely to happen.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 11, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Single dad brings 6 year old daughter into the men's room at a Sox game. Is that a problem?

No. I don't know how the modern protective dad feels about that one, though, but obviously 6 is too young to go into the ladies room alone. I would guess you just get in line by the stalls. It can't be the most comfortable situation in the world, but I don't get to go to a lot of games.

Especially at Wrigley, where they have those "centralized urinal islands" with just a 5 foot wall and you pretty much have to make eye contact or try not to with person across from you...

Well, Greg has just given Subway a new idea for getting his business. All the Subway servers dressed in bikinis or with pasties like the baristas out in the Seattle/Portland area. Kind of like VietJet, where all the flight attendants are dressed in bikinis or sarongs. Better to go with the traditional sexual objectification of others than being threatened by those different from us or someone who makes us feel uncomfortable.

Of course, Jared Fogle has nothing to do with the transgender issue and has done a lot more damage sexually to young boys than anything that will happen in all the Subways around the world the next half-century.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
No. I don't know how the modern protective dad feels about that one, though, but obviously 6 is too young to go into the ladies room alone. I would guess you just get in line by the stalls. It can't be the most comfortable situation in the world, but I don't get to go to a lot of games.

How about in a subway then. can I take my 5 year old niece into the mens room?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 11, 2016 -> 06:18 PM)
I actually think Greg would be fine, while I think he can be extremely naive I don't think Greg is a bad person.

He wouldn't even go in. Those people are far too deviant.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 12, 2016 -> 12:18 AM)
I actually think Greg would be fine, while I think he can be extremely naive I don't think Greg is a bad person.

Thanks.

Whenever I get nailed to the wall on these social issues I keep thinking about the beer guzzling south siders where I grew up in Mt. Greenwood who would think I am the liberal bastard. I'm sure those guys who swill a 12 pack every night on our block would not refuse to go in the subway when some guy dressed in complete drag was walking ahead of them in line.

I'm sorry that I wasn't into the sight of that person. I still had time to reverse my steps and go eat somewhere else. It doesn't mean I'm a hater. I love gay people. I love all people.

Greg, do you by any chance watch the tv show SHAMELESS?

What's your opinion on the Gallaghers, compared to the people you grew up with?

I think being too immersed in conservative Kansas/Johnson County-ism is getting to you...also, have you ever gone to a meeting of THE MAINSTREAM COALITION in KC?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2016 -> 11:40 PM)
How about in a subway then. can I take my 5 year old niece into the mens room?

Sure. Those bathrooms will have a lock on the door. Small.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2016 -> 06:58 AM)
Greg, do you by any chance watch the tv show SHAMELESS?

What's your opinion on the Gallaghers, compared to the people you grew up with?

I think being too immersed in conservative Kansas/Johnson County-ism is getting to you...also, have you ever gone to a meeting of THE MAINSTREAM COALITION in KC?

No on both questions.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 11, 2016 -> 06:13 PM)
Tangent, but I was just thinking how great it'd be to see what greg would do in a gay bar. I'd sit back with the popcorn.

He would be ignored at a much higher rate than here.

He would also have to find a better toast than "bottoms up"!

The government of North Carolina says it's a common sense issue and I agree. If you got the male body part you should go to the male rest room. Why is this such a big deal?

p.s. Did you see there are reports Kaitlyn Jenner is miserable and now is thinking about becoming a man again?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
The government of North Carolina says it's a common sense issue and I agree. If you got the male body part you should go to the male rest room. Why is this such a big deal?

p.s. Did you see there are reports Kaitlyn Jenner is miserable and now is thinking about becoming a man again?

Greg, it's never gonna get through to you.

p.s. Did you know that not only is one person not representative of all transgendered people, but if you look past Clay Travis at Fox Sports you'll know that her rep shot this down as BS

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:32 AM)

p.s. Did you know that not only is one person not representative of all transgendered people, but if you look past Clay Travis at Fox Sports you'll know that her rep shot this down as BS

I'll make u the same bet offer. A beef sandwich at the Cell and a Big Hurt beer or Coke on it. Jenner will admit he's made a mistake within a year of right now is the bet. By next mid May he's saying he wants to be a guy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 13, 2016 -> 02:32 AM)

Yet, for years and years people try. You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep.

Greg is the straw that stirs the filibuster. He intuitively knows what opinions will keep things going, grabs that side, and fires away. If we didn't already have him we would need to hire someone to do that.