***Angels vs White Sox Gamethread***

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last night. There were like 15,000 in the house to see a 1st place team with nice weather. And then the people that were there booed Rodon on his way off the field. This f***ing terrible fan base deserves everything it gets. It was a joke. I told everyone around me that was booing that they were clowns. They didn't like it very much.

Television stations for tonite:

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim at Chicago White Sox

Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti

Game telecast time: 7:00 PM Central / 8:00 PM Eastern *

'WGN Sports on my50'

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WPWR-TV Gary, Channel 50 (my network TV)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
People that boo their own players are just idiots. Plain and simple. Unless he's blatantly playing lazy, you don't boo your own players.

As far as how many people were in the park last night, that's not our problem.

I guess I just don't really understand why there weren't more people. Rodon was pitching against a team with the best player in baseball. It was nice out in Chicago. The team is in 1st place. Fanbase is full of a bunch of bickering excuse makers. I shouldn't have been surprised I guess.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 07:01 AM)
Maybe it's just the dreary weather, but coupled with the last few games, there is a very funereal atmosphere going into this one. This would be a very bad time for Latos to finally come back to earth.

Well I think it's high time we put the fun back into funereal. Lets make that fun real :P

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
I went last night. There were like 15,000 in the house to see a 1st place team with nice weather. And then the people that were there booed Rodon on his way off the field. This f***ing terrible fan base deserves everything it gets. It was a joke. I told everyone around me that was booing that they were clowns. They didn't like it very much.

I was there too and totally agree. It was pretty embarrassing.

Hot dog was good though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)

It's one thing to boo an underperforming vet making big money (Dunn/LaRoche). It's another to boo a 23-year old kid who has 150 career innings under his belt. That's pretty ridiculous in my book, especially given how lights out he was the first two starts.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
I guess I just don't really understand why there weren't more people. Rodon was pitching against a team with the best player in baseball. It was nice out in Chicago. The team is in 1st place. Fanbase is full of a bunch of bickering excuse makers. I shouldn't have been surprised I guess.

Just my opinion but it just may have something to do with:

A. Three straight losing seasons

B. Six losing seasons in nine years (worst stretch since 1968-1980)

C. One playoff appearance in nine years

D. Five playoff appearances in 35 years

Having a good start for 10 days doesn't magically erase all that. It's going to take time and CONSISTENT winning to bring the fans back. I'm not saying win multiple World Series, that's not going to happen but making the expanded playoffs two or three years in a row would help a lot. And unfortunately the Sox haven't been able to do that...ever.

Unlike some I don't blame the fans. When a restaurant gives you bad food you don't go back...when the hardware store sells you a defective tool you don't go back. Sports is no different. When the product is good and worth seeing the fans will return. Until then the onus is on ownership to make it so.

Mark

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)

And the responses will be full of the same excuses always given.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)

Having a good start for 10 days doesn't magically erase all that. It's going to take time and CONSISTENT winning to bring the fans back. I'm not saying win multiple World Series, that's not going to happen but making the expanded playoffs two or three years in a row would help a lot. And unfortunately the Sox haven't been able to do that...ever.

Unlike some I don't blame the fans. When a restaurant gives you bad food you don't go back...when the hardware store sells you a defective tool you don't go back. Sports is no different. When the product is good and worth seeing the fans will return. Until then the onus is on ownership to make it so.

Mark

Gotta agree with Mark here. I am excited as anyone about the great start this team had and I will go to plenty of games this season b/c I am geniunely excited about this team, but let's not pretend like an 8-2 suddenly erases the memories of the last couple of years of this organization. This is a team that brought back an awful manager, brought back a terrible hitting coach, decided to continue running out one of the worst players in baseball, and didnt land the extra big bat that everyone was screaming for this offseason. It's hard to forget about those things as a fan. I think this team has the potential to be very good, but do you really blame people for being skeptical right now? Especially since 2 of their 3 home games have been absolute blowouts?

Mark

I'm not expecting 30,000 people but last night was embarrassing.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
Gotta agree with Mark here. I am excited as anyone about the great start this team had and I will go to plenty of games this season b/c I am geniunely excited about this team, but let's not pretend like an 8-2 suddenly erases the memories of the last couple of years of this organization. This is a team that brought back an awful manager, brought back a terrible hitting coach, decided to continue running out one of the worst players in baseball, and didnt land the extra big bat that everyone was screaming for this offseason. It's hard to forget about those things as a fan. I think this team has the potential to be very good, but do you really blame people for being skeptical right now? Especially since 2 of their 3 home games have been absolute blowouts?

If Cespedes or Upton were in RF, I'm willing to bet the turnout would be pretty close to the same.

Mark

Great post. A fellow sox fan at work said something interesting. Look what happened with the Black Hawks after wurtz was gone and new ownership came along. They won three cups. I hope the same happens after reinsdorf retires. Not holding my breath on that one.

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
They paid some hard earned money for the game to be over just 1 out in. Boo all they want. Rodon will get over it I'm sure.

Exactly. It's not like they're paying $10 per ticket. They pay a lot of money and get that product? Fans have that right. Don't want booed? Don't be a clown show.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:32 AM)
If Cespedes or Upton were in RF, I'm willing to bet the turnout would be pretty close to the same.

True. The Sox could also be 11-2 and be the talk of the MLB. Hypotheticals are hypotheticals. Fans speak with their money and they are telling management they aren't sure this is a product they want to invest in. I think booing Rodon is incredibly idiotic, especially considering the quality streak he just ended, but I'm really not going to hold it against other fans if they don't want to go, that's their choice. I'll keep going and supporting my team, though I'm starting to wonder if I'm a masochist for watching the same product year after year and expecting a different result.