***Angels vs White Sox Gamethread***

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
Gotta agree with Mark here. I am excited as anyone about the great start this team had and I will go to plenty of games this season b/c I am geniunely excited about this team, but let's not pretend like an 8-2 suddenly erases the memories of the last couple of years of this organization. This is a team that brought back an awful manager, brought back a terrible hitting coach, decided to continue running out one of the worst players in baseball, and didnt land the extra big bat that everyone was screaming for this offseason. It's hard to forget about those things as a fan. I think this team has the potential to be very good, but do you really blame people for being skeptical right now? Especially since 2 of their 3 home games have been absolute blowouts?

Agree with both posts. While I do not dislike Ventura as much as some, Steverson might be the worst hitting coach in baseball. While I was not calling for Robin's job after last season, I was pretty upset we brought this guy back....

We have some bats on this team that have a lot more potential than they will give us, I partially blame that on our awful hitting coach.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
Exactly. It's not like they're paying $10 per ticket. They pay a lot of money and get that product? Fans have that right. Don't want booed? Don't be a clown show.

There are many tickets available for less than $10. They weren't even checking last night.

QUOTE (chisox802 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
Agree with both posts. While I do not dislike Ventura as much as some, Steverson might be the worst hitting coach in baseball. While I was not calling for Robin's job after last season, I was pretty upset we brought this guy back....

We have some bats on this team that have a lot more potential than they will give us, I partially blame that on our awful hitting coach.

So it's the hitting coach's fault that guys with notoriously low .obps can't get on base much? The Sox ignore on-base percentage. If they don't hit a s***load of homers, I expect their offense to be in the low 20's again.

Booing Carlos Rodon was silly. I am pretty sure every major league baseball player has had a bad game or two. Of course I remember when the fanbase booed Frank Thomas.

If a guy isn't trying, fine. But seriously, if players are always supposed to succeed, you are watching the wrong sport.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
So it's the hitting coach's fault that guys with notoriously low .obps can't get on base much? The Sox ignore on-base percentage. If they don't hit a s***load of homers, I expect their offense to be in the low 20's again.

Not saying it's entirely his fault, just saying that a good hitting coach might be able to help... It definitely is not the reason people are not showing up, just a very small part of what was mentioned below.

Gotta agree with Mark here. I am excited as anyone about the great start this team had and I will go to plenty of games this season b/c I am geniunely excited about this team, but let's not pretend like an 8-2 suddenly erases the memories of the last couple of years of this organization. This is a team that brought back an awful manager, brought back a terrible hitting coach, decided to continue running out one of the worst players in baseball, and didnt land the extra big bat that everyone was screaming for this offseason.

It's hard to forget about those things as a fan. I think this team has the potential to be very good, but do you really blame people for being skeptical right now? Especially since 2 of their 3 home games have been absolute blowouts?

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
People that boo their own players are just idiots. Plain and simple. Unless he's blatantly playing lazy, you don't boo your own players.

As far as how many people were in the park last night, that's not our problem.

Unless their booing Danks. Maybe even throw some tomatoes at him. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
Booing Carlos Rodon was silly. I am pretty sure every major league baseball player has had a bad game or two. Of course I remember when the fanbase booed Frank Thomas.

If a guy isn't trying, fine. But seriously, if players are always supposed to succeed, you are watching the wrong sport.

Players have been booed for decades. It's not a big deal at all. As long as they're clean boos and not harmful ridiculous comments and cursing, I'm ok with it. These guys are paid professionals and are used to it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 22m22 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Jerry Sands and Tyler Saladino going through some early infield work here at the ballpark

Setting up how the team is working hard for Robin when the team is under .500 in 10 days. Go Merk.

Edited by flavum

Daryl Van Schouwen Verified account

‏@CST_soxvan

Todd Frazier taking early batting practice. Todd Steverson behind the cage.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 21m21 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Todd Frazier taking early BP among a group of 3 or 4

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 21m21 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Todd Frazier taking early BP among a group of 3 or 4

Why would he tell us Frazier is taking early BP but not identify the other 2-3??? Does he not know who the others are??? Could it be player's kids taking BP?? Is Drake back???

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
No real changes in the lineup except Garcia is moved to 8th and Jackson to 7th

I like Jackson hitting higher in the lineup. I think it gives us better leverage and a better shot at scoring some runs...that is if Abreu/Frazier/Cabrera/Lawrie can get on based