Back to back day games today and tomorrow

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
Anyone have a rationale for this? Seems stupid and a nice way to draw terribly. It's also vs a team who has a history on screwing us with times I believe.

They drew under 27,000 combined the last two nights. How much worse can the day attendance be? Maybe they are appealing to the 4/20 crowd?

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger crowd these next two days. This is the time of year/day that you'll get school groups. I would bet you see bright neon orange or yellow shirts somewhere in the stadium today.

Also you can draw on some work crowds. I for one am taking out a client to today's game.

I like the idea. April in Chicago, why make fans usually endure miserable weather? Have a better chance at least if the sun is out - weather wise. I wish the Sox would go to more of these early in the season.

It's not like they are drawing 30+ thousand anymore anyway at night. Maybe they will again someday but not right now.

Mark

12,093 for the night game, 12,785 for the day game (WED)...for an increase of 5.7%. Seems they're fighting for every possible fan they can get with those promotions (flash sales) for selected seats at $10 in different locations.

Cincy (team in complete rebuild mode) at 12,979 and CLE at 9,890 today.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 02:38 AM)
12,093 for the night game, 12,785 for the day game (WED)...for an increase of 5.7%. Seems they're fighting for every possible fan they can get with those promotions (flash sales) for selected seats at $10 in different locations.

Cincy (team in complete rebuild mode) at 12,979 and CLE at 9,890 today.

Let's face it, Sox are at a possible historic (early 1970s?) low in terms of interest. 2005 was so great cause it was just the opposite. Chicago's Sox took the city by storm. Now?? Wow, if they moved to Las Vegas would anybody but us die-hards care?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
That's a shockingly late spring break

I thought so too. Unlike the school district I grew up in, they apparently don't base their break off of when Easter falls. We always had it either the week before or the week after.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 01:30 AM)
Let's face it, Sox are at a possible historic (early 1970s?) low in terms of interest. 2005 was so great cause it was just the opposite. Chicago's Sox took the city by storm. Now?? Wow, if they moved to Las Vegas would anybody but us die-hards care?

Bulls***. This is early 2000's attendance. And the losers just so happen to be in thier every few years "this is the year" phase.

The difference is that the sox make more money today with less crowds. A sub 2 million attendance in 2003 meant a payroll of 40 or 50 million. Same attendance in 2016 means a payroll of 125 million.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
The difference is that the sox make more money today with less crowds. A sub 2 million attendance in 2003 meant a payroll of 40 or 50 million. Same attendance in 2016 means a payroll of 125 million.

Yea but in 2003 50 million was around middle of the pack for attendance. In today's world, 125 million is still around the middle of the pack.

Sure they make more money purely by the numbers but so does everyone else.