*Gamethread* 4/21 - Angels vs White Sox

Bigsoxhurt35

To me the Rowand/Thome trade was giving up what worked in '05 - Defense, hussle, for a return to offense that only works when people hit home runs. And that trend has continued as we keep adding high strikeout power hitters on the downside. While Thome had 2 out of 4 good years stat wise. He was station to station player. And we sucked for his two "good" years. I found those teams hard to watch. And it didn't help that the solution in center was Brian Anderson.

That said, you're right in that he was far better than Dunn or LaRoche.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
If you want to be taken seriously around here - you really need to stop bringing up at Thome as if he was a negative player at the plate. As someone else already pointed out, dude was a beast with us.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there someone we can convince to come out of retirement to DH for us (not Drake)? Surely there's someone who can put up a .700 to .750 OPS who we can convince to sign or snag in a trade. Hell, we might as well be letting our f***ing pitchers bat the way things stand now.

Rollins just isn't putting up the numbers or the defense to retain the full-time gig he's been given..not with Saladino waiting in the wings. On that double today that was reviewed, if he'd just swiped in front of the bag dude would've been out being the throw beat him. Unfortunately, Jimmy went for his arm directly (and missed).

Frazier is coming around a bit, so that's encouraging.

I sure hope that $13M Laroche money is enough to snag us both another SP and a decent bat.

It's going to be late May before any players from other teams become available, but I think sending down Avi and Johnson and bringing up Sanchez and Coats helps until then.

Let Coats play LF vs LHP and move Melky to DH. Let Sanchez play 1B or 2B vs RHP and move Lawrie/Abreu to DH.

Also get Rollins out of the 2 hole and down to 8.