Cleveland outdrew us? Attendance down 13% so far

caulfield12

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ May 27, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
Meanwhile, the last home stand drew well. The attendance rose in each game

Of the Houston and kc series, with 34k on the value Sunday game. And the Cleveland games drew close to the seasonal average of 20k, with 22k on Wednesday AFTERNOON when kids are in school and mom and dad are at work.

It's trending upward, despite what out of town fans have to bellyache about.

Hahn better hope that Tim Anderson performs as advertised, because it's going to be more than out-of-town fans bellyaching if the Sox don't stay in the race.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

Passing Miami, Atlanta and Cincinnati shouldn't be hard.

And for those who complain about Sox fans, the Orioles have had a much more recent playoff appearance and overall better team by far the last three or four seasons...still have one of the most beautiful parks in baseball in a downtown location near the harbor/National Aquarium...and their fans aren't supporting them, either. One of the "proudest" and most storied franchises in baseball that spent a ton of money to bring back Chris Davis, they traded for Trumbo, brought in Pedro Alvarez, etc.

Maybe they're all furious they no longer have Jake Arrieta, right? That must explain it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night the Yankees played the Rays in St. Pete. A Friday night crowd of 14,000 turned out. That has to be disturbing to the owners of the Rays. That particular area has a ton of Yankees fans living there. There are alot of retired people in the St. Pete area from the east coast. The Yankees have had their Spring Training games in that area for many years. I know the Rays are trying to get a new stadium and I don't know what's going to happen in that regards. I would think if they don't get a new stadium that franchise won't be around too much longer. I've been there a number of times and the place is a hole. The last time I was there they announced a paid crowd of 10,000. That was tickets sold. They didn't have a 1,000 people there in actual attendance. And to think the White Sox came very close to moving there.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ May 28, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
Now that the sox are back to being a s*** team, I think this attendance talk is silly. We'll actually now be a crap team that drew decently, assuming 1.9 million tix have already sold according to tv reports.

Well, you can also put to bed the idea "the White Sox have to start out hot" because if they miss the playoffs again, the fans won't care next year until around the middle of July...