• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin the droll troll

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2m2 minutes ago

RV on Gonzalez past tonight: "He's pitching to win today is what he's doing. I know for him he's probably hoping it leads to something else'

Cant be good for Danks that Robin is burying him like this in the media.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)
John Danks will pitch Thursday for the White Sox in Baltimore. Robin Ventura says "we'll see" what happens with rotation beyond that.

https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane/status/724716308152094722

Well there's more to it

What's gotten into the Sox? Suddenly they seem more than willing to rock the boat from a management standpoint. Have to wonder if Laroche's departure was about more than just the kid, almost seems like it was more about "you guys are pros and if you can't produce, I don't care what contract you're on, you will be held accountable".

My comment is based on what RV said post game and this quote you provided. RV is spitting some fire right now I like it. 80% of managing is leading men imo, 20% is tactics. RV sucks for the most part at tactics so at least lead the men. Sometimes that means a little fire and brimstone. Not all the time and RV is certainly a cool head, but you can't always just say "ah shucks he'll turn it around".

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
What's gotten into the Sox? Suddenly they seem more than willing to rock the boat from a management standpoint. Have to wonder if Laroche's departure was about more than just the kid, almost seems like it was more about "you guys are pros and if you can't produce, I don't care what contract you're on, you will be held accountable".

My comment is based on what RV said post game and this quote you provided. RV is spitting some fire right now I like it. 80% of managing is leading men imo, 20% is tactics. RV sucks for the most part at tactics so at least lead the men. Sometimes that means a little fire and brimstone. Not all the time and RV is certainly a cool head, but you can't always just say "ah shucks he'll turn it around".

They did the same things last year too. How many different 3B's did we have? How many different 2B's?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
They did the same things last year too. How many different 3B's did we have? How many different 2B's?

Eh that's different qualitatively IMO. Micah and Conor were relative nobodies making relatively nothing. LaRoche and Avi and Danks are prominent guys either because of salary and seniority or initial promise and all three might be long gone by the dog days of summer.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Stroman will obliterate Avi... probably most of the SOX hitters but Avi has no chance.

No, this is the exact kind of game where Avi will close his eyes, swing, and somehow connect, assuring us another few weeks of Avi sucking.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 05:57 PM)
So do we have a back up catcher tonight?

I assume Saladino or maybe Smith can get in there if he is really needed. Not sure how bad back spasms are and if they are bothersom the whole day or just a set amount of time before treatment.