4/26 Game thread: @ Toronto, 6:07pm, WPWR

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh we usually suck against knuckleballers to my recollection. However this team is special and has a really good feel about them.

I'd like to know when the last time we scored 5 runs with 2 outs?

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:07 AM)
Sale is great and everything, but I hope he doesn't get frustrated by a Donaldson/Encarnacion/Bautista/Tulowitzki hit, start overthrowing, and allow a HR to one of them

This. He has a tendency to start chucking wildly and getting into a lot of trouble.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:16 AM)
This. He has a tendency to start chucking wildly and getting into a lot of trouble.

Yes, his career 2.88 ERA, 10.2 strikeouts per 9. 7.4 hits per 9, and the Blue Jays collective .196/.284/.320 split suggest this.

They really need to trade him before it's too late.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:22 AM)
Yes, his career 2.88 ERA, 10.2 strikeouts per 9. 7.4 hits per 9, and the Blue Jays collective .196/.284/.320 split suggest this.

They really need to trade him before it's too late.

You're soooooooo smart DA. Why do you even grace us with your presence on this board?

I never feel good vs. knuckle ballers. I feel like there has only been one game that I remember where we tagged Wakefield and stole like 12 bags against him. Other than that, seems like it's always "Sox can't handle the change of pace!"

I never feel good vs. knuckle ballers. I feel like there has only been one game that I remember where we tagged Wakefield and stole like 12 bags against him. Other than that, seems like it's always "Sox can't handle the change of pace!"

Didnt they crush Dickey last year?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
You're soooooooo smart DA. Why do you even grace us with your presence on this board?

Chris Sale is one of the best pitchers in baseball. What he really "tends" to do is pitch really well. Maybe someday you will see that. But by all means, make up something he tends to do so you can be pessimistic about any game he pitches. Facts suck.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
Dickey gave up 5 runs over 5 innings in May against the Sox last year in Toronto, and then 2 runs over 7 innings in July in Chicago.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
Didnt they crush Dickey last year?

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
Probably, my memory is terrible. But i did remember a random game vs. the red sox 12 years ago.

Just requoting my post because it looks like you guys missed it haha.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
Chris Sale is one of the best pitchers in baseball. What he really "tends" to do is pitch really well. Maybe someday you will see that. But by all means, make up something he tends to do so you can be pessimistic about any game he pitches. Facts suck.

Stop baiting threads. We all get it, your posts are infallible and you never say a bad thing about the sox in fear of it being thrown back in your face like you love to do to everyone else.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Stop baiting threads. We all get it, your posts are infallible and you never say a bad thing about the sox in fear of it being thrown back in your face like you love to do to everyone else.

Exactly. No one can be a little gun shy with this teams recent lack of success.