John Danks should never start for the White Sox again

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing him to that extension was the right move at the time given his age and amount of quality starts he brought in up to that point. The awful injury pretty much changed his whole game into a smoke and mirror show that the league is now feasting on. With the Sox off to such a great start, they cannot afford to to keep sending him out there as he gives the team a very small chance for a victory. I hate to say it, but they need to cut him as soon a possible if they are serious about this season.

I feel like there are people who think Danks didn't deserve his contract and it makes me sad.

I would love to see Danks figure out a new pitch or anything to get back on track. Hopefully they DL him and he can tinker.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
I feel like there are people who think Danks didn't deserve his contract and it makes me sad.

I would love to see Danks figure out a new pitch or anything to get back on track. Hopefully they DL him and he can tinker.

Anyone who is saying that Danks didn't deserve that contract is full of hindsight.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
Anyone who is saying that Danks didn't deserve that contract is full of hindsight.

The worst is the people that keep pretending like signing Danks was flipping Buehrle the middle finger.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
The worst is the people that keep pretending like signing Danks was flipping Buehrle the middle finger.

Also ridiculous. You just don't a young left hander who was putting up numbers like Danks was get away. If they give you a chance at a below market extension, you take it. The injury is just what the risk is in a deal like this. At the end of the day, Buehrle stayed here anyway, and wasn't returning, not because of Danks, but because the Marlins paid stupid money to get him.

I don't see the White Sox giving up on Danks just yet. The deal he signed with the Sox was a good one at the time for both sides. Danks got hurt. How can you predict for that possibility happening? In Baltimore last night his troubles seemed to be location. If he can develop consistency he can be effective. I know that is a major question and it's unknown if he can do it. But, I think that will continue to be the focus for the Sox and Danks for at least the first half of the season or so.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
I don't see the White Sox giving up on Danks just yet. The deal he signed with the Sox was a good one at the time for both sides. Danks got hurt. How can you predict for that possibility happening? In Baltimore last night his troubles seemed to be location. If he can develop consistency he can be effective. I know that is a major question and it's unknown if he can do it. But, I think that will continue to be the focus for the Sox and Danks for at least the first half of the season or so.

Danks needs to start pitching and stop chucking.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
Danks needs to start pitching and stop chucking.

I think that is kind of what he said too. I admire him for his grit. He is standing up like a man and not trying to make excuses and blames only himself. If he can turn thinks around it would be a real feel good story

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)
I think that is kind of what he said too. I admire him for his grit. He is standing up like a man and not trying to make excuses and blames only himself. If he can turn thinks around it would be a real feel good story

I mean, I feel like should have already been doing this? Every since he came back from his injury, he had to know that he wasn't going to be able to do the same s*** as he use to.

I am rooting for him to better of course. He was a beast but now he has to learn to still be a beast with limited stuff. I mean Jered Weaver has way worse stuff than Danks.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 06:35 PM)
Hey guys.

Everyone is freaking out over a #5 starter.

R-E-L-A-X

I absolutely hate this line of thinking. They're already 0-4 in his starts, and in 3 of them he gave them no chance to win. He's pretty much one of the 3 worst pitchers in baseball over the last 4 seasons. We've seen too many seasons derailed over the past twenty years due to incompetent number 5 starters.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
Hey guys.

Everyone is freaking out over a #5 starter.

R-E-L-A-X

The guy has 4 of the teams 7 losses, and really has looked terrible each time. Nobody is freaking out, just stating the obvious. Time to move on

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
I absolutely hate this line of thinking. They're already 0-4 in his starts, and in 3 of them he gave them no chance to win. He's pretty much one of the 3 worst pitchers in baseball over the last 4 seasons. We've seen too many seasons derailed over the past twenty years due to incompetent number 5 starters.

Seriously. Sox fans should know better than anyone. 2003 ring a bell for anyone? The best team in Sox history doesn't make the playoffs in big part because we have to throw Danny Wright out there every 5th day.