Sox Winner!! Winning road trip!

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
Do not want to see the Orioles in the postseason, especially if they add an arm or two. It's obvious they are the best team the Sox have played this year.... goddamn that lineup is brutal.

Bring 'em on.

They just showed on post game, last season combine 2nd and 3rd base HRs they had 19. They already have 11 between Lawrie and Frazier in the first month.

@ckamka #WhiteSox: 12 games allowing 1 or 0 runs is best through team's first 26 games of a season since 1981 Dodgers (13) & 1981 Indians (12)

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
Do not want to see the Orioles in the postseason, especially if they add an arm or two. It's obvious they are the best team the Sox have played this year.... goddamn that lineup is brutal.

Their rotation sucks. I'd be fine with facing them.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 1, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)
Their rotation sucks. I'd be fine with facing them.

Yes. They don't have an ace nor a good rotation. Hardy may have a fractured foot now. Britton also hurt.

I wouldn't mind facing them because they'd need to score 8 runs per game. They also won't be facing Danks lol

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 1, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
Also, I know we discussed this plenty in the game thread, but it can't be emphasized enough. Gerry Davis just vomited out an all-time bad performance by a home plate ump.

The navarro k with the bases loaded was all time bad. Not a single pitch even on the black.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 1, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
Also, I know we discussed this plenty in the game thread, but it can't be emphasized enough. Gerry Davis just vomited out an all-time bad performance by a home plate ump.

I don't like b****ing about umps and I don't really do it, but today was an all time worst. It was f***ing awful. That K to Navarro should get Davis fined.

QUOTE (wizeguy57 @ May 1, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
Going 5-2 on this trip is fantastic. Both the Jays and the Orioles are really tough especially at home. Just need to strengthen that 5th spot in the rotation.

That's going to be a revolving door all season until we can find someone who can just be decent consistently.

Considering the weather for this series, another long week on the road and the opponent, coming back to get the split is tremendous and worth nothing as is the 5-2 road trip.

Nice to come home, get a day off, get some rest off a win.

Hopefully the weather is decent in Chicago this week.

As far as Chris Sale...he's the best in the game. Period. End of discussion.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 1, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)
Considering the weather for this series, another long week on the road and the opponent, coming back to get the split is tremendous and worth nothing as is the 5-2 road trip.

Nice to come home, get a day off, get some rest off a win.

Hopefully the weather is decent in Chicago this week.

As far as Chris Sale...he's the best in the game. Period. End of discussion.

Mark

Going to complain when Zimmermann wins Pitcher of the Month?

It was a very frustrating game early with quite a few hard hit balls that where snagged by Baltimore. They have a pretty athletic defense especially at the corners. Then, some good at bats to draw walks then some bloops got the job done. If you can't be a good offense just be a mediocre offense and play solid defense. For the most part that's what they did. Defense had some lapses this series but the bats came around enough to get a split. Chris Sale was walking a fine line today but without even his "C" stuff really he still limited the damage. Bullpen did a nice job other than Petricka who has to throw more strikes.

Frazier and Eaton's defense has been a god send. Another nice double play started by Todd today. He picks almost everything.