Danks DFA'd

justBLAZE

I will remember him as a very good pitcher who worked his ass off to rehab after a horrific injury but just couldn't get all the way back. I feel bad for him but seriously he isn't a MLB pitcher currently.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be like a lot of seasons where the 5th starter is a patchwork of what is available. Unless Johnson or Turner establishes themselves quickly, or if Miguel Gonzalez doesn't have a broken face, we could be riding the merry go round all year.

Surprised this happened this soon, but he has looked finished all season. I like Danks, and I wish all the best for him. His baseball career is probably over.

QUOTE (aboz56 @ May 3, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)
Good riddance. Never liked the contract extension from day one. He's been stealing money for years.

This unduly harsh to say about a guy who has tried his damnedest to be a winner in the face of overwhelming odds. He didn't write the contract and he didn't ask his shoulder to turn into burger.

Sad it had to come to this for Danks, but it's the absolute right move. Can't roll the dice on him every 5th day. Just a little surprised they didn't stick him in the bullpen.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ May 3, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
Sad it had to come to this for Danks, but it's the absolute right move. Can't roll the dice on him every 5th day. Just a little surprised they didn't stick him in the bullpen.

The velo loss this season probably means that any gains moving to the pen would be negated by lack of physical ability. He just can't get it over 90 anymore.

all i am gonna say is to the people who doubt raBBit and throw shade at him when crazy times like the trade deadline happen........

raBBit told us this yesterday. The guy knows people

QUOTE (daggins @ May 3, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
This might be like a lot of seasons where the 5th starter is a patchwork of what is available. Unless Johnson or Turner establishes themselves quickly, or if Miguel Gonzalez doesn't have a broken face, we could be riding the merry go round all year.

Surprised this happened this soon, but he has looked finished all season. I like Danks, and I wish all the best for him. His baseball career is probably over.

Color me shocked, but clearly, the Sox mean business. Johnny was one of my favorites from 09-13, but he just couldn't bounce back. Surprised to see them just outright DFA him before giving him a go in the pen, but it was the right move, money be damned.

Sucks that it came to this, but there was no choice, that injury turned him into a AAA pitcher.

I think this is a sign that the Sox are "all-in" right now, they would have waited it out longer if not.

Yup. This is a clear signal that Kenny/Hahn view this roster as a championship caliber roster. It's gonna be an active deadline.