Danks DFA'd

justBLAZE

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ May 3, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
So he's not a "team player" because he elected to be released, rather than go to the minors? The Sox front office obviously didn't want him around anymore. Their offer to send him to the minors was nothing more than a professional courtesy.

I think the White Sox genuinely were hoping he'd go to AAA and try and reinvent himself.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2016 -> 06:51 PM)
He already said no to AAA . He is going home to Nashville and collecting a $1.25 million check twice a month through September.

I think Jordan Danks got released last month.

Jordan Danks played for the Phillies last season. I wonder if he landed anywhere this season?

Nice article about Danks: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0504-story.html

“If the phone rings, I'll be certainly interested,” Danks said. “If it doesn't for whatever reason, it has been a hell of a run. I can say I got to play nine seasons in the big leagues, especially with one team in a bad-ass city like Chicago. I don't have any regrets. I worked as hard as I know how to and did my very best every time out, and that's really all I could promise.”

“Those guys are a blast to be around,” Danks said. “It’s always more fun to win, just the energy that gets brought in every day and the camaraderie and the trust in each other. … It’s been a great month aside from four starts. I wish those guys nothing but the best. I’m a Sox fan, for sure.”

Seems like a nice note to go out on. Appears that everyone in the clubhouse understands the move, and I'm hoping that it can further catalyze the atmosphere and attitude that cultivates winning...

QUOTE (Tex @ May 4, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
Nice to see someone leave that isn't blasting the organization.

Seriously. I am rethinking my exuberance from yesterday. Adam LaRoche makes me think that John Danks wasnt so bad.

After seeing Gonzalez and Johnson, I hope it is obvious why John Danks stayed in the White Sox rotation as long as he did.

Yup, this was my fear. I'm not sure the Sox have anything better than Danks in their system... of course the only way they were going to find out for sure is if they jettisoned Danks and gave other guys a chance. I dont have too much faith in Turner.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 5, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
Yup, this was my fear. I'm not sure the Sox have anything better than Danks in their system... of course the only way they were going to find out for sure is if they jettisoned Danks and gave other guys a chance. I dont have too much faith in Turner.

I think they knew, which is why it lasted this long.