AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Jose Abreu has been chipping away at his low batting average game by game, gradually getting his swing back. It started with a couple seeing eye singles, then a blooper, a soft liner to a corner, a hard liner to a gap... he'll be back to himself pretty soon.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Quintana's last three starts he's faced arguably the three most potent offenses in the league and he posts a line of 21 IP, 1 ER, 5 BB, 19 K. What a stud.

Over the past calendar year, he now has the lowest ERA (2.75) in the AL (5th lowest overall), and is third in fWAR (5th overall) behind Sale and Price. God damn.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
So Quintana's last three starts he's faced arguably the three most potent offenses in the league and he posts a line of 21 IP, 1 ER, 5 BB, 19 K. What a stud.

Over the past calendar year, he now has the lowest ERA (2.75) in the AL (5th lowest overall), and is third in fWAR (5th overall) behind Sale and Price. God damn.

"He may be a top 25 pitcher in the AL!"

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
Question - was the announcing teams commenting on the brutal pace of that 8th inning? Two replays + just unbearable pace from their pitchers + 44 pitches total.

We thought we'd be out of there at 930, but that was a 40 minute inning. Sucked the life out of the stadium even as it was bases loaded 1 out.

I watched the Red Sox broadcast (no choice) and they did mention that the game had been sailing along until that 8th inning.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
Question - was the announcing teams commenting on the brutal pace of that 8th inning? Two replays + just unbearable pace from their pitchers + 44 pitches total.

We thought we'd be out of there at 930, but that was a 40 minute inning. Sucked the life out of the stadium even as it was bases loaded 1 out.

No, but me and my buddy were texting about it. Red Sox teams just make games a slog

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
It's a catch 22. You want your guys to take a lot of pitches and swing at strikes. Work counts etc. but that also slows the game down.

It's not their hitters, it's their unbearable pitchers.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:07 AM)
It's not their hitters, it's their unbearable pitchers.

The 8th inning, the guy was walking people. The Sox hitters weren't swinging at everything. That slows things up. Plus the replays and the pitching changes. It turns into a long night. The knucker was working pretty quickly considering how many pitches he threw.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
The 8th inning, the guy was walking people. The Sox hitters weren't swinging at everything. That slows things up. Plus the replays and the pitching changes. It turns into a long night. The knucker was working pretty quickly considering how many pitches he threw.

IIRC the Red Sox(and the Yankees) consistently have some of the longest game times year in year out. Its annoying, it isnt just last night

One thing I noticed about Q last night was velocity. He was throwing 94 on high fastballs. I don't think I've ever seen that from him. His velocity's up half a mile an hour this year as well.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
IIRC the Red Sox(and the Yankees) consistently have some of the longest game times year in year out. Its annoying, it isnt just last night

The point is you aren't going to have a line up stacked with high OBP guys who are very selective at the plate and not play long games. I would imagine the Yankees games are a bit shorter this year. You just have to hope it's the team you root for that is causing the game to be long.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
One thing I noticed about Q last night was velocity. He was throwing 94 on high fastballs. I don't think I've ever seen that from him. His velocity's up half a mile an hour this year as well.

Steroids.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 4, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
Unknowingly took a supplement that had an illegal ingredient. He accomplished nothing before he got busted.

If I was a professional athlete I'd be nervous about anything that I take or eat. I.e. The Texans OT tested positive for PEDs because of something that was in meat in Mexico. Crazy