Airport Security

greg775

I was thinking about how much I hate airport security lines and all that. So I did a google search and came up with this video.

The late George Carlin is a genius and was correct on his take. Get rid of airport security! They've never caught anybody with a bomb.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lord chas @ May 9, 2016 -> 01:17 AM)
Spending the money for the TSA pre check was one of the smartest things I have done

Does it take long when you sign up for TSA pre check? Where can I do it at Midway?

I wonder if the airlines offered two options, one with the current security levels or one like the good old days of just walk on, which flights would fill up faster. ;)

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 12, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
I make them frisk me every time. I was cool with the metal detectors but the x-ray machines are bulls***.

That is awesome! I despise going through the lines. Do they become upset with you when you refuse to get in the machine?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
That is awesome! I despise going through the lines. Do they become upset with you when you refuse to get in the machine?

Not visibly. If they do, I will kindly remind them to do their f***ing job. They can't force you to go through the xray machine, hence the alternative.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 11, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I wonder if the airlines offered two options, one with the current security levels or one like the good old days of just walk on, which flights would fill up faster. ;)

Using common sense at least might help.

It's clear that the airport security measures are heavy-handed, inefficient, and if recent news stories are true, not even that good at what they are supposed to do. I think it is very clear marker of the way we have been willing to give up our freedoms in the name of a war on terror. Of course, this isn't a matter of no security vs. the status quo, it's a question of whether you should be lining up and taking your shoes off, being subjected to random strip searches and whatever profiling may go along with that, spending all the time it takes to go through these processes, etc.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
Interesting to read about how airport security is done in Israel.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-go...urity-in-Israel

I understand that profiling isn't always the right way to go, but I do believe the use of profiling in certain ways can be efficient without trampling on the rights of good citizens.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 16, 2016 -> 10:07 AM)
I don't really get the outrage over them. Not at all a big deal to me.

Agreed. They don't bother me and they don't work. I'm more annoyed by the line waiting and getting treated like a criminal for no reason.

The TSA lines are getting ridiculously long. Some people won't go through the Xray machines as fear of cancer. Others won't do it because they are sick of other people seeing their privates. TSA needs to get its act together and speed up the process. There is no fricking reason you have to take your belt and shoes off. Get some f***ing bomb sniffing dogs up there. Having to disrobe in 2016 is a joke!!!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
I think greg is for the Minority Report approach. all we need is telepaths

Have u traveled much lately? The public is getting sick of it and is demanding action. Nobody wants to go to the airport 4 hours early to catch a stinking flight where you are cramed in like sardines.

Where the heck are y'all flying in and out of? I travel 75% of the year for my job. I've never had a security line take me longer than 30 minutes. And I fly all across the country. ATL (my home airport and the busiest in the U.S.), LAX, SFO, San Diego, New York, Columbus, Cincy, Baltimore, Philly, Milwaukee, Miami, Houston, Denver, Chicago Midway. And those are just in the last 2 years.

I don't even have pre-check, which has been stupid on my part. Luckily, my interview for Global Entry is this week and that comes with pre-check included. Looking forward to even shorter lines once I'm (hopefully) approved.