Airport Security

greg775

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:31 AM)
Anybody fly out of O'hare the last few weeks? From what I've heard the TSA lines are back to normal for the most part, no more 2 hour lines.

I flew out of O'Hare to Vegas on the Thursday before Memorial Day and the TSA lines flew. I think the negative attention caused an over-reaction of service and I benefited from that.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Southwest is the best domestic airline hands down. This is fact.

Actually, that's Virgin America. Fly that once and be spoiled forever.

Get the best of both worlds with a Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Points can be moved to United, Southwest, Virgin America, or KLM-Air France miles.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:13 PM)
Ya Virgin America is great. A few of the times Ive flown with them they handed out free tablets to use on the flight and had free wifi.

I'll go along with the idea that SWA is number one just because Virgin America doesn't go as many places, VA offers an international-type experience.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
Filed to get Global Entry two weeks ago, got approved yesterday, found out the next available interview is in August :(

Yeah, the interview wait times are very long. I had to wait over 2 months. The good (though frustrating) news is that the "interview" is basically just a formality. It's an opportunity for them to run your fingerprints and ask a few basic questions. I was there for 5 minutes and got an instant approval. That's kind of the frustrating part, though - you wait 2 months for an interview and it takes them 5 minutes to give you a "yes" or "no" answer.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
I'll go along with the idea that SWA is number one just because Virgin America doesn't go as many places, VA offers an international-type experience.

It takes just one bad experience to hate an airline (for me, United) but I feel like SWA seems to "take care" of its customers better. Maybe it's just coincidence but if a flight is canceled it seems less of a hassle to get yourself righted in the right direction on SWA. They get you on a flight and it's actually where you want to go, not connecting in Atlanta to get to Los Angeles.

• 3 weeks later...

Stuff like this should not happen in a civilized society. TSA should have somebody with common sense patrolling the area. To beat up a teenage girl with brain cancer is horrifying. And the family is only suing for 100,000 bucks. Hopefully the jury will award them a lot more. Get your act together, government.

Some apologists on here will say the girl/parents deserved it. She might have had a bomb on her, etc. Again, I ask for common sense. This kid could have died. I wonder how many elderly people have been tackled.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/07/01/tsa-assa...an-returning-ho

Edited by greg775