Airport Security

greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
Have u traveled much lately? The public is getting sick of it and is demanding action. Nobody wants to go to the airport 4 hours early to catch a stinking flight where you are cramed in like sardines.

obviously the correct response is to stop bothering to check for bombs because people dont like it

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
obviously the correct response is to stop bothering to check for bombs because people dont like it

something is wrong with a system in which 80 year old grannies and 3 year old babies get searched like they are Al Pacino look alikes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
Have u traveled much lately? The public is getting sick of it and is demanding action. Nobody wants to go to the airport 4 hours early to catch a stinking flight where you are cramed in like sardines.

Two unrelated things.

You are correct that people don't want to show up at the airport 4 hours early, but the sardines part is false. People have continually shown they will take a lot less in terms of amenities for the sake of lower prices.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
something is wrong with a system in which 80 year old grannies and 3 year old babies get searched like they are Al Pacino look alikes.

I like a system that protects against bombs. It's a good system

Not sure why O'hare and Midway both have had so many issues lately, I've witnessed the Midway issues firsthand (luckily I was leaving and not arriving) and it was UGLY. Line stretched back to the last divider between the Orange line/parking lot entrance/exit.

I have no problem with the scans, I rarely ever have a need for a pat down. I have more of an issue with the fact that the lines are inefficient and are still allowing s*** to get through. TSA needs better policies, management, etc, I think it's pretty visible how bad some of the processes are. Especially in international travel, the whole re-entry crap with the automated kiosks that don't actually do crap to save time because you still have to go through all the checks with a human being... You just know they spent millions on these systems and were sold crazy efficiency/security and instead they didn't think through the process and got stuck with a product that just made everything worse.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 16, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
Has anyone found out why this suddenly became an issue in the last 7 days? Were their massive layoffs or something? I haven't had an issue at either airport in years.

I still got through ok with pre check.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 16, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)
Has anyone found out why this suddenly became an issue in the last 7 days? Were their massive layoffs or something? I haven't had an issue at either airport in years.

Gregg needed something else to worry/complain about.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 16, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)
I traveled right around New Years and Late Feb/Early March and never really had problems with TSA lines. But I can see why Chicago airports are much worse then STL

Ohare is always bad but Midway rarely is. That line was one of the all time worst.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 16, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
Has anyone found out why this suddenly became an issue in the last 7 days? Were there massive layoffs or something? I haven't had an issue at either airport in years.

This is why I'm scratching my head. I've already had a dozen flights out of Midway this year, and the security lines were all pretty typical.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)

Something wrong in the world when babies and grandmothers are used to conceal bombs.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 17, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)
This is why I'm scratching my head. I've already had a dozen flights out of Midway this year, and the security lines were all pretty typical.

Yep. I fly every week and its weird this just started.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 16, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
Not sure why O'hare and Midway both have had so many issues lately, I've witnessed the Midway issues firsthand (luckily I was leaving and not arriving) and it was UGLY. Line stretched back to the last divider between the Orange line/parking lot entrance/exit.

I have no problem with the scans, I rarely ever have a need for a pat down. I have more of an issue with the fact that the lines are inefficient and are still allowing s*** to get through. TSA needs better policies, management, etc, I think it's pretty visible how bad some of the processes are. Especially in international travel, the whole re-entry crap with the automated kiosks that don't actually do crap to save time because you still have to go through all the checks with a human being... You just know they spent millions on these systems and were sold crazy efficiency/security and instead they didn't think through the process and got stuck with a product that just made everything worse.

That's crazy. I don't fly out of Midway a ton (probably 10-12 times the the last 3 years), but I've never seen that line go into the open area where the escalators are, much less past it to the area you mentioned. I was just there a couple weeks ago and it maybe took me 5 minutes to get through security, though that was on a Sunday afternoon.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 17, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
That's crazy. I don't fly out of Midway a ton (probably 10-12 times the the last 3 years), but I've never seen that line go into the open area where the escalators are, much less past it to the area you mentioned. I was just there a couple weeks ago and it maybe took me 5 minutes to get through security, though that was on a Sunday afternoon.

I honestly wouldn't have believe it if I didn't see it, Midway is typically a breeze for me as well but it just kept going and going and people kept arriving. I was taking the Orange Line so had to walk past all of it, just ridiculous.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)

When's the last time that you've flown out of Midway?

They have special non-invasive rules for seniors, the handicapped, and children.

Maybe if airlines starting charging for carry-on's INSTEAD of charging for check-in bags we can alleviate people having all these damn bags for carry-on and lines will go a hell of a lot faster.