5/8 Games

flavum

Would love to get an updated scouting report on Adams, it's baffling to see a pitcher with his stuff getting hit around like he had been. Maybe he needs to learn to throw more pitches out of the zone, or maybe he needs to work on his command so he could throw more quality strikes instead of down the middle strikes.

Had no idea Ynoa got promoted to AAA already, guess they like what they saw during the spring.

Edited by 2005thxfrthmmrs

Adams was pitching against Boston's A team with Top 50 prospects Rafael Devers (who homered), Andrew Benintendi (last year's top pick for Boston) and Yoan Moncada. Not an easy thing for Adams to get through.

Adams did give up 10 hits, so just not his day, IMHO.

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 8, 2016 -> 11:49 PM)
Adams was pitching against Boston's A team with Top 50 prospects Rafael Devers (who homered), Andrew Benintendi (last year's top pick for Boston) and Yoan Moncada. Not an easy thing for Adams to get through.

Adams did give up 10 hits, so just not his day, IMHO.

.307 average against. In his career, opposition is at .282 against him.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ May 8, 2016 -> 04:22 PM)
Would love to get an updated scouting report on Adams, it's baffling to see a pitcher with his stuff getting hit around like he had been. Maybe he needs to learn to throw more pitches out of the zone, or maybe he needs to work on his command so he could throw more quality strikes instead of down the middle strikes.

Had no idea Ynoa got promoted to AAA already, guess they like what they saw during the spring.

Adams intentionally pounds the strike zone. He told me back in August he would rather give him a hit than a walk "100%" of the time. As he refines his stuff, I am sure J.R. Perdew (Birmingham) and Richard Dotson (Charlotte) will work with him on playing inside and outside the zone. As for now, I think the pitching coaches are thrilled to have a 20 year-old who has given up 29 walks in 208 professional innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
.307 average against. In his career, opposition is at .282 against him.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:33 AM)
Adams intentionally pounds the strike zone. He told me back in August he would rather give him a hit than a walk "100%" of the time. As he refines his stuff, I am sure J.R. Perdew (Birmingham) and Richard Dotson (Charlotte) will work with him on playing inside and outside the zone. As for now, I think the pitching coaches are thrilled to have a 20 year-old who has given up 29 walks in 208 professional innings.

This is true. But it is also a concern, though not one I find alarming just yet. I can tell you his velo has been low 90's on the fastball usually, so far. He's definitely throwing strikes. That Salem team was tough. But Adams is challenged at this level, and he's not yet comfortable enough in his modified delivery to really let it rip like he used to. I'd give it time to get there.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 8, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
Some guys in Kanny are looking promising.

The Dash figured to struggle some this year, but it's really rough right now.

I said going into the year the Kanny team might be the most exciting. Lots of fun guys to watch there.

The Dash offense is really rough. Pitching has some real talent though.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 8, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
batting average keeps rising for Jacob May.

Jake Peter keeps hitting.

Basto cooling off.

Basto was screaming for regression to the mean. Wasn't going to keep hitting .430.