braves trades?

toasty

if Maddux signs, I don't see them moving him or Hampton.

I could maybe see Millwood for the right price.

Byrd or Ortiz could go, but KW made it clear he has no interest in Byrd, but also made it clear he really wanted Ortiz.

it is doubtfull that any of it happens though.

once again HSC, this IS a message board.

if we were all here just so we can doubt every possible signing and trade, it would be one crappy board.

let's think and wonder for a bit, not like anybody here is gonna get worked up and dissapointed if what we say here doesn't happen.

plus, it is fun to propose trades and stuff, not so much for the purpose of sox pulling off these deals, but many of us like to be pretend GM's.

Originally posted by toasty

also are there position players the braves would move, not pitching?

Braves don't have many position players they'd be capable of moving.

The one big deal that I would talk to the Braves about would be an Ortiz and Furcal deal for Konerko, Harris or Hummel, and a pitching prospect.

Don't know if it would be enough, but if they wanted PK bad enough, you never know.

It would give us an extra pitcher, a shortstop (manos could play first if needed, I'd deal him to the Braves, but I don't think they'd want him) Then we have Furcal and Jimenez at the top of the lineup.

Just what I'd consider talking to them about. I'd settle for just getting Ortiz or Millwood, both would be excellent pickups.

I wish we woulda picked up Moss. He's a nasty pitcher who's gonna turn into something special. Good luck to him in SF. For right now, who knows if the Braves want to move anyone. If they can afford it, they might as well keep who they can, because they're stacked. If they are going to give up anyone, don't expect the Sox to be involved. (Still crossing my fingers for Ryan Dempster)

Originally posted by Molto

Byrd or Ortiz could go, but KW made it clear he has no interest in Byrd, but also made it clear he really wanted Ortiz. 

Braves gave up a lot for Ortiz, it's gonna take some wheeling and dealing on Kenny's part to snatch him.

Basically... No Ortiz for us.

Sounds like Millwood is the one that the Braves will look to move.

Considering his salary it may cost the sox less (In terms of who you give up) to get him.

They could still use help at 2nd (Harris or Hummel and of course could use a pitcher).

I still think that Furcal and Millwood for Konerko and someone is still a possibility or it at least makes sense.

Kevin made 3.9 million last year and is 27 years old. He will turn 28 on Christmas Eve.

Last season he was 18-8 with a 3.24 era. Opponents hit just .230 off him and he struck out 178 batters in 217 innings.

Career wise he is 75-46 with a 3.73 era. Opponents hit just .241 against him.

His stuff is real good, so he doesn't put up fluke numbers. After coming onto the scene quickly he did regress, but that was probably due to the fact that his workload increased so much that his arm couldn't handle it.

His worse season ever was 2000, where he had a 4.66 era and went 10-13. He's thrown 200 innings 3 times in his career.

This guy would be an amazing pick up for the Sox. I'd definately give up prospects for him, whether they'd want Harris, Malone and Liefer. If they wanted Konerko, then I'd do it, but I'd expect something else back or a package deal that brought the Sox something else in return.

Originally posted by WSFAN35

Don't you people have loyalty... why the hell would want to give up 'the franchise' Paul Konerko, unless its something utterly phenominal

In your avatar thats Royce Ring right?

I am not saying I want to give up PK, don't get me wrong, but if we could get Furcal and Millwood then I would do it. I know we'd have to give up more too.

Of course thats not realistic, cause I don't see the Braves giving us Furcal, its just something I'd hold out for.

I would offer them some good prospects for Millwood though. Actually, I think this guy would be a better pickup then Ortiz. The only thing I can't find is much info on his contract. How much longer is he arbitration eligible, etc.

Magglio is definately our best player. I'd call Buerhle a franchise guy too, but he may not want to stick around.

Garland could also develop into one of those players.

PK is great, and is an amazing leader, but first baseman that can hit a bit aren't really that hard to come by. Konerko is my favorite Sox, but for a stud pitcher, I could move him, as long as Liefer wouldn't be the guy replacing him in the lineup.

Of course, I'd much rather give up prospects.

Originally posted by doubleM23
Originally posted by WSFAN35

Don't you people have loyalty... why the hell would want to give up 'the franchise' Paul Konerko, unless its something utterly phenominal

Why does everyone call Konerko "the franchise?" Are you forgetting...

No s***....if you want the franchise now, you think of Buehrle and Maggs. As the team's spokesman, I may think of Konerko, but who the hell thinks of the spokesman?