Favorite Brand of Suit

shipps

For those of us that buy off the rack and cant afford custom suits made by a personal designer, who is your favorite brand of suit? I found the Kenneth Cole suits fit me the best. I don't have to alter anything on their suits. It fits everywhere just right...like totally

Damn, I wish I could post a fancy picture of me in this suit so you all could admire! :D

Do you go to Bachrach? They sell some quality suits.

I found that some of the suits are made for someone who is still living in the 90's. Baggy pant legs and huge shoulder pads.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
Yeah I like. Might have to check that out.

I usually just wait until Men's Wearhouse has a sale.

How many suits do you guys own/rotate through?

I have 1 suit and 2 sport coats. Fortunately work is business casual so I don't have to wear one often.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
I have 1 suit and 2 sport coats. Fortunately work is business casual so I don't have to wear one often.

Very similar to me, except I have 2 suits and 1 sport coat. My current job is business casual, but I have to ask what the standard at the new place is. When I interviewed people were in nice shirts and jeans, but it was a Friday so I'm not sure if it was just a casual day.

Now I wear a suit only a few times a year. I'm in golf (coaching) clothes most work days. When I was wearing a suit every day I have 6 or 7 summer and 6 or 7 winter suits. I could get 2 to 3 seasons out of a summer suit and one or two more out of a winter suit because it was usually covered by a coat. One of the salesman that worked for me kept track of what suit he wore each day so that he would be wearing a different suit each time he saw a certain client. I was never that organized.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
Yeah I like. Might have to check that out.

I usually just wait until Men's Wearhouse has a sale.

How many suits do you guys own/rotate through?

I have around 15 custom suits and maybe 30 shirts. Getting custom or better fitted shirts may be more important that the suit itself. You can get a decent off the rack suit tailored to the point where it looks good, but the jacket comes off right away and you have this baggy shirt with long arms underneath it. There are many great services that offer affordable "custom tailored" shirts that are a great value.

So I went to Hong Kong last month and got a custom suit and 4 shirts made for $450.

If you are in Hong Kong, highly recommend it. Shirts especially as they were only $35 a pop.

I only have 5 suits, I used to save up for banana republic ones, but now I only wear the custom ones I have. I may go and get the other 2 retailored.

Best part is I can call up the tailor shop in hong kong and get more shirts as they keep a reasonable inventory of fabrics.

edit: I went to hong kong as part of a vacation, not to get suits.

Edited by bmags

You guys have opened my eyes to getting my shirts custom tailored. That really is my main issue, they never fit right and I am always feeling uncomfortable in some different kind of way with each one.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
You guys have opened my eyes to getting my shirts custom tailored. That really is my main issue, they never fit right and I am always feeling uncomfortable in some different kind of way with each one.

Have you tried slim fit shirts? If you know your neck and arm length size accurately, slim fit are basically custom shirts anyway, unless you have an abnormal body shape. They're tighter in the shoulders, chest and sides compared to traditional fit shirts which are more baggy. I was always hesitant to buy anything slim, but I lost a little bit of weight and now they're perfect. I had two sets of custom shirts made and they fit just the same but were way more expensive.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Have you tried slim fit shirts? If you know your neck and arm length size accurately, slim fit are basically custom shirts anyway, unless you have an abnormal body shape. They're tighter in the shoulders, chest and sides compared to traditional fit shirts which are more baggy. I was always hesitant to buy anything slim, but I lost a little bit of weight and now they're perfect. I had two sets of custom shirts made and they fit just the same but were way more expensive.

That is my issue. My shoulders and back are way more broad then normal so they fill out even the regular fitting shirts.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)

It might go well with his skinny jeans.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
It might go well with his skinny jeans.

That is probably an even bigger task for me. Its hard to find people who make a good skinny jean for a husky fella.

If we are going to discuss dress and clothes . . .

I'm an undershirt guy with dress shirts and now with casual shirts. I hated to spend money on them. Now I'm buying expensive undershirts but they make such a difference. http://underfit.com/ and https://ribbedtee.com/store/category/most-p...ar-undershirts/ make well tailored designs with deep vees that are hidden under sport shirts.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 18, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
If we are going to discuss dress and clothes . . .

I'm an undershirt guy with dress shirts and now with casual shirts. I hated to spend money on them. Now I'm buying expensive undershirts but they make such a difference. http://underfit.com/ and https://ribbedtee.com/store/category/most-p...ar-undershirts/ make well tailored designs with deep vees that are hidden under sport shirts.

Thanks dude, nice links.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
Thanks dude, nice links.

IIRC you are in and out of customers all day long like I was. The only way I found to look decent by lunch was an undershirt. Dropping damn near $20 a piece for something no one else sees seemed stupid, but these are really solid. The underfit is much snugger.