Wow - Cal Eldred back with Cards

rt59_bnsf

I found this on mlb.com in an article about the Cards offseason moves:

'Right-hander Cal Eldred also signed a minor league deal with an non-roster invitation. Eldred, 35, has pitched parts of 11 seasons in the Majors, tallying 74 wins with the Brewers and White Sox. Neither Eldred nor Painter pitched in 2002, as both were recovering from elbow surgery.'

Good for him. I hope the guy makes it back.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

good for cal.. i have always liked him.... i hope he can make a comeback.....would be nice to see him pitching again.....

so much for someone on the other board who was always saying that he knows that the sox were grooming him as coach.

Guest hotsoxchick1

not to defend anyone here but... they were actually at one time talking about putting him in as a coach......i guess cal had different things in mind though.......lol

i think cal wants to prove to himself that he really cant do it anymore before he moves into coaching...once he doesnt have that thought about i wonder if i could still do it in the back of his mind it will make him a better coach...i liked cal alot and wish only the best for him..and whenever this comeback is over the sox should immediately be waiting with contract in had for for cal with a coaching position