5/18 White Sox vs Astros

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
Let's hope that today is the day where the Sox get their sh!t together again.

On a positive note, the Sox have had the lead or been tied in most of their recent games, so at least they aren't getting destroyed.

Agree but style points are not counted in baseball.

They came back in the 9th last night and did score in the 11th. I thought Eaton's ball in the 9th was gone. If it was typical May 17th weather , it may have been. This 45 degree crap needs to end. Putnam was off a bit. Albers is in a slump. Except for the homers, Rodon looked much better.

Hopefully Latos will have a good outing, and Frazier will be back in the line up. The Sox offense seems out of hibernation.

I'm encouraged with the offense by their way to battle back. Its the bullpen that has cost the team the last 5 defeats. Hopefully they can put it together ASAP or the L's will continue to accumulate.

I heard the quote from Hahn-- he sounds pretty antsy to make a deal. I would make fixing the bullpen priority #1.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
I'm encouraged with the offense by their way to battle back. Its the bullpen that has cost the team the last 5 defeats. Hopefully they can put it together ASAP or the L's will continue to accumulate.

I heard the quote from Hahn-- he sounds pretty antsy to make a deal. I would make fixing the bullpen priority #1.

I'd prefer the great bullpen from the 19-8 White Sox to get it back together.

Need Latos to be on tonight, and hope Frazier is better.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 18, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)
Agree but style points are not counted in baseball.

Sure but it's a silver lining nevertheless. 2-5 in the last 7 games but still a run differential of +3 in that span. Makes you feel a lot better than if they'd been blown out in each of those 5 losses.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:05 AM)
Sure but it's a silver lining nevertheless. 2-5 in the last 7 games but still a run differential of +3 in that span. Makes you feel a lot better than if they'd been blown out in each of those 5 losses.

For sure. The pitching in general feels like it's on thin ice in general. It may not crack all year but there's serious potential for it. I feel like our rotation is comprised of two #1s, two #4.5s and a #5.5. Bullpen needs another power arm too.

IIRC we've lost all 3 games to start our home stands then bounce back win the next night on 2 of them. Lost to Indians then won the day after, lost to Angels then won. Now lost to Houston.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
They came back in the 9th last night and did score in the 11th. I thought Eaton's ball in the 9th was gone. If it was typical May 17th weather , it may have been. This 45 degree crap needs to end. Putnam was off a bit. Albers is in a slump. Except for the homers, Rodon looked much better.

Hopefully Latos will have a good outing, and Frazier will be back in the line up. The Sox offense seems out of hibernation.

Certainly is a game of inches isn't it!!? I thought Adams ball was gone too and we certainly had our chances again

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 18, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
The Be Careful What You Wish For department:

we started 23-10, and at .249/.324/.394 and wanted more offense

Now we've had a stretch of .272/.343/.433 and yet have gone 1-5

A lot of their success was due to their bullpen, which lately has been horrific, especially Albers.

Their starters need to start going deeper into games, especially the back end in Rodon, Latos, & Gonzalez. I think the hitting will stay somewhat consistent, because realistically their two most dangerous hitters (Abreu & Frazier) still aren't hitting nearly at what was expected.

I do think it's about that time to start wondering how much of this strong start can be sustained as they move further into the season.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 18, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
With the AL central rivals winning today (and thr Indians more than likely going to beat up on the hapless reds), it would sure be nice to win today

It's fun to scoreboard watch, but bottom line--good teams win at home. The Sox are home for 9 more games and they really need to go 6-3. Whatever the other teams are doing is worth keeping an eye on, but the Sox need to get back to taking care of business.