5/18 White Sox vs Astros

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult from my point of view to act like the Sox are the only team that ever gets screwed by balls and strikes because it's highly likely that all teams fans go through stretches where the umpires just tick them off. The human factor is often just brutal when it comes to calling balls and strikes. If other teams fans feel like we do often enough, then I think automated balls/strikes could be a possibility.

You would still have to have a home plate umpire so it's not like anyone would be losing their jobs. I think a lot of baseball players, coaches and fans would be a lot happier with an actual, 100% definable strike zone every game that follows the rules of what the strike zone is. It would be nice to get rid of this pitch framing crap, in my opinion, as well as ridiculous umpires like Laz Diaz with ridiculous strike zones.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed by the half inning long sales pitch for all these charities and stuff? They do this all the time now, it seems. Show the baseball game and commentate on it. I should get paid to sit through this timeshare presentation. MUTE

QUOTE (1dog @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
Am I the only one that gets annoyed by the half inning long sales pitch for all these charities and stuff? They do this all the time now, it seems. Show the baseball game and commentate on it. I should get paid to sit through this timeshare presentation. MUTE

How dare the White Sox want to help some intercity kids. f*** those guys.

Is there a site where I can see historically, say over the last decade, how the Sox have done against SP's who enter the game with a 4+ ERA? Perhaps in comparison with the rest of the league in terms of league average? Maybe it's because I watch them more than other teams, but I feel like the Sox fare better against better pitchers than worse pitchers.

QUOTE (South Sider @ May 18, 2016 -> 07:08 PM)
Not even close.

Get swept by KC and I think people can maybe, MAYBE start thinking about that button. (not pressing it though)

Cleveland will have a shot at taking the division lead in our upcoming series with them.