5/18 White Sox vs Astros

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the way the first inning started (left to go to work and just tuned in again), thought the score would be 3 or 4-0.

So there's that. Latos recovered somewhat.

Still hasn't been the same pitcher we saw the first three starts, but everyone knew that wasn't going to continue. We SHOULD be able to get to Fister at some point. He's not the same pitcher who befuddled us with the Tigers anymore.

QUOTE (Tony @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
I've been curious about this for a while, what does hitting that button actually do?

I think it starts the 2nd stage of grief. A lot of us are in denial right now (and for good reason, it's only a slump after all).

Panic button means anger for more people. Sure, some crazier Sox fans are already at the anger stage, but the panic button means the rest of us are angry.

Then comes the trade deadline and bargaining to make us better. And if the Sox still suck there's depression, and by September if they're out of it, acceptance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
How dare the White Sox want to help some intercity kids. f*** those guys.

Yep. You summed up my thoughts nicely there. I liked the way you changed the wording and everything. Are you available for hire as a publicist or do you just stick to moderating online forums in your spare time?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 18, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
Is it time to press the panic button?

I think it's about time to start wondering who this team really is. Are they the hot start team, the one playing poorly now or somewhere in the middle?

The magic of Latos has run out & they aren't playing nearly the same caliber of baseball they were since that letdown in Texas.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 19, 2016 -> 02:14 AM)
I think it's about time to start wondering who this team really is. Are they the hot start team, the one playing poorly now or somewhere in the middle?

The magic of Latos has run out & they aren't playing nearly the same caliber of baseball they were since that letdown in Texas.

How many outs can we give the opposition every game. Probably been 30-32 the last week and half

Would be nice to have a catcher with Castro's speed (but he can't hit the way he used to)...

Four "bad" starts in a row now for Latos. At least he helped us get out to a 6 game lead, it's up to Hahn to figure out a way to sustain it by making some moves at mid-season.

None of the balls were hard hit, but walks and doinks and grounders...just not going the way of the Sox since last Tuesday night.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
What exactly does Lawrie do well? Get hyped? That seems like it may be the only thing.

Hit and field.

I'm guessing you weren't watching because then you would have seen the ball hit the seam of the grass and dirt and hop on him.

Edited by RockRaines